Trailer Queen To Nafo 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clocklaw

Reaction score
Guys,

With everything that has been going on the last couple of weeks I think I am lucky to be able to make it at all. I will trailer silver up for the weekend...not because I don't want to ride up but because I don't think I will feel like riding home. Hopefully, we will get everything wrapped up on Wednesday and leave out early Thursday morning....I really need to get out and ride!

Oh ma' gosh! I knew there'd be at least 1 trailer! :blink:

Just kidding... I'm just glad that you're going to make it.

Looking forward to meeting you, Heidi

Can I sleep in that trailer if DaveB snores too loud? :D

Nevermind, a couple of beers should let me sleep right through it!

I hate to admit it, but i'm trailering too. I'm perfectly happy ridin 300+ plus mile in a day, 650 just isn't likely.

So, yea, I'll be just a little embarrassed. But on the way home Sunday afternoon, it should be a whole bunch easier.

Hope to see ya'll sometime Friday morning.

Barry :rolleyes:

Ya'll better park that shit around back! What a friggin' eye sore for the FJR community.

Just kidding again. :rolleyes: I will be the first one to bust someone's chops for trailering their bike.

& you know why??? Trailering your bike is a sickness. For help call 1-800-scaredtoride.

Buttt... really, I am kidding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya'll better park that shit around back! What a friggin' eye sore for the FJR community.
Heidi, I think that with this comment you just volunteered to help my wife tear down the trailer-in-a-bag and put it in the bed of the truck....I cannot lift it this trip, I have NO INTENTION of re-damaging this hernia by over doing this weekend. My son came home between classes and is helping me get the bike loaded up, I am not supposed to lift more than 15 lbs for another month at least. I am pretty good for riding, but all weekend riding 2-up I am sure will wear me out.....the SCREW is comfortable and the ride home should be easy.

p.s.

We buried my nephew yesterday and Brenda and I are REALLY needing to get out of town for a while.

Y'knbow, Radman trailerd his bike to WFO in Reno. So, what's the problem? Dave didn't want to cross the looooong plains on the bike and would be more comfortable with air conditioning in the oppressive heat. It sounds like you've got your own reasons for your decision and for your need of using the gathering as a mental escape.

Who cares what others think or say! :bleh:

Good for you that you and your "bride" will enjoy yourselves. :clapping:

Y'knbow, Radman trailerd his bike to WFO in Reno. So, what's the problem? Dave didn't want to cross the looooong plains on the bike and would be more comfortable with air conditioning in the oppressive heat. It sounds like you've got your own reasons for your decision and for your need of using the gathering as a mental escape.

Who cares what others think or say! :bleh:

Good for you that you and your "bride" will enjoy yourselves. :clapping:
Fully agree. Injured riders on long days = disaster.

Enjoy the ride time you have, and crank up the AC & Stereo when trailering.

Be sure to honk at the FJR peeps when the deluge comes and your nice, warm and dry.

I hear this morning that the rain is coming in around Noon on Sunday....so we will be loaded up by then for sure!

Honestly, I am not too worried about it.....having fun with it.

We made it home around 3 today...it really broke my heart to get in the truck and leave today with everyone else donning their rainsuits for the ride home.

Hope everyone gets home safe!

Sometimes it just makes sense to put the bike up on the trailer. My WR450F will be a trailer queen all the way from Canada to El Paso for the Copper Canyon ride with BeemerDon and the rest of the crew. Then again just the thought of trying to ride a dirt bike from Canada to El Paso on knobby tires and a dirt bike seat is enough to make my kidneys shut down. :sick:

Hello!!! I was kidding about my comments for those that don't get my style of humor. I'm just glad there are folks that are willing to come to meets no matter what it takes. I DO NOT really care how you get there.

Good meet & glad to meet a lot of new & old faces, Heidi

PS... Clocklaw, I am very sorry to hear the news of your nephew. My condolences.

LaughingHard.gif

it really broke my heart to get in the truck and leave today with everyone else donning their rainsuits for the ride home.

Hello!!! I was kidding about my comments for those that don't get my style of humor. I'm just glad there are folks that are willing to come to meets no matter what it takes. I DO NOT really care how you get there.

Good meet & glad to meet a lot of new & old faces, Heidi

PS... Clocklaw, I am very sorry to hear the news of your nephew. My condolences.
Don't worry guys, I get it...remember who started the "Trailer Queen to NAFO" thread.

Thank you for the condolences...there is a long road ahead but I think this weekend got us past some of it. This picture tells me that we made the right decision to go:

60921_10150264210650005_604830004_14809698_5883607_n.jpg

We made it home around 3 today...it really broke my heart to get in the truck and leave today with everyone else donning their rainsuits for the ride home.

Hope everyone gets home safe!
AND...it really troubles one to pour a cup of coffee or hot chocolate as others are riding out covered in rain gear, too!

"Uh, hon, turn up the heat, please."

Good fun, this thread. Glad you made it home safely and were able to get some "therapy time".

Poking fun at yourself and others: Priceless!