Use The B Rating On A Z6?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter cruzer

Reaction score
Guys, for the roadtec Z6 tire, do you use the "B" rated tire or the standard?

And I wonder why the pattern is more like the ME880 than the Z4.........

Thanks for the help

Scooter

scooter cruzer,

I think you want the "B" spec. in the Z6's. I had a set (non "B" spec") on my 03' for about 2200 mi. I had originally ordered the B's but was unable to get them in time for a rally I was participating in. Bottom line is they work well, and balance up nicely, but the rear was already beginning to flatspot slightly at 2200 mi. Be sure to run them in pairs as the rear depends on the front for moisture dispersion.

I think you want the "B" spec. in the Z6's.
Ya sure do, pardner. :cownoy:

That's the one Z6 version Mommy Yammy approved for the FJR.

No other.

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
Before anyone has a chance to jump in and talk about the horror stories with these tires falling apart, let me say that I've got over 1000 miles on mine (yep - b-spec), many at an 'accelerated' pace, and so far so good.

Thanks guys!

I'll order the B version.

I'm alittle concerned I need to buy the matching pair. I was intending to keep the z4 on the front and use the z6 in back to maintain a similar type tire sticktion.....

Not a good idea?

As for the Metz concerns, I've read them and am concerned, but I've used the ME880's for years on my Vulcan and I really like them so I'm willing to give them a shot. If they bomb, I'll try the Avons.......