• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Magnetic Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Huero

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a 'medium' height tank bag (6"-10" tall) with map pocket. If anyone has one they would like to sell great, but I'm also interested in which bag fits and works well on the FJR tank.

Any info is appreciated.

TIA,

Ron

I bought one of these. But this one has the features you specified for a bit less money. I have since also picked up a Joe Rocket Manta for less involved trips, as I find I really don't want to be without my Autocom, tunes, and piped-in Passport tone.

If you want something that will work and not cost you too much try to search the web for these, Tekinc, afterwards you will probably be able to find at a local v twin shop, I did and it was about 30.00 out the door.

www.teknic.com

tkchtnkbg05.jpg

I just bought one...had the same requirements you do...medium size, map pockets, etc. Bought the 11 liter Marsee from Farklemasters.com. It is unbelievable quality and a perfect size for my needs.

Cortech Tri-bag (magnetic for me)

Small, big, and an extra large bag all in one nifty user friendly package. Had mine for 3 years now. Love it!

It's always in the eye of the beholder. I went with a Fieldsheer Eifel because I could use the small unit if all I wanted was a map holder or use the regular size for day to day commuting or stack them all for a long trip. You have a multitude of choices and all the equipment is good.

It's always in the eye of the beholder. I went with a Fieldsheer Eifel because I could use the small unit if all I wanted was a map holder or use the regular size for day to day commuting or stack them all for a long trip. You have a multitude of choices and all the equipment is good.
'eye of the beholder' AGREED... in my n00bieness (sic) of the FJR I thought there may be one bag that stood out because of the fit on the tank but it appears that use is the qualifier and there are a lot of good options. I'll probably end up with at least 2 to meet my needs.

I've got a pretty good collection of 'tank bag' links :lol:

Thanks all,

Ron

I bought one of these. But this one has the features you specified for a bit less money. I have since also picked up a Joe Rocket Manta for less involved trips, as I find I really don't want to be without my Autocom, tunes, and piped-in Passport tone.
Hey TC, have you had any issues with the magnets on your MotoPac affecting any electronics stowed in there? I just bought the GT20 and noticed a 'caution' in the directions about the magnets potentially affecting cellphones, etc. Aside from that I really like the bag - rigid sides, nice side and front pockets, and a map pocket big enough for 8 1/2 x 11 paper!