What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the batteries in both bikes. Fired up tickety-boo. Out for the first ride of the year followed by the first BBQ of the year.

Bring it on!

image.jpg

Let me just drop this here... I always forget my seasons start mileage.

IMG_20150412_094334.jpg

and the 2-fitty

IMG_20150412_103051.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I pushed the XR650 past the FJR to go out for a 30 mile ride on some ditches, dirt & gravel roads. Why did I wait till I'm 52 years old to get my first dirt bike?

Made a bracket to mount my Whelen LIN3 stop light. Got that wired in with a 3rdbrakelightflasher module. Looks good and I guess it works good. Nobody plowed into me on my 2015 inaugural ride ride yesterday. Bike felt so good with the new tires that I rode it to work today!

...my 2015 inaugural ride ride yesterday...
Guess we missed you, we were in your backyard yesterday. We were out trying out pillion's new metal knee to see how it performs. She had it replaced in December and mother nature gave her until mid April to get ready to ride. No issues getting on/off but there is pain while riding. In any case it looks like we are ready to ride.

A final turning of the seasons officially took place when I moved the snow blower from the front of the garage by the door to the back and moved the FJR up to the front row seat. We had snow last week, I hope it's finally over.

That's good to hear Joe, I don't want to see that wheelchair avatar anymore. Now that the season has opened I have to deal with the loud noisy stinky oil breathing hardly's. DAMIK!

Dave

Out of likes...glad you got out and had some fun today Tom...while I sat at my computer, at work all day. But I am riding to work tomorrow and Wednesday too.
I might have to go back to work...someday, but while the sun shines and my bike runs...fuck you and bob too. I'm riding no regrets
smile.png

The spring planets aligned today and I finally took "big red" out for her first romp of 2015. Wit the new HeliBar bridge, no more hand or wrist discomfort, even riding from noon to ~6 pm with no stops except to take bonus pictures for the Big Money Rally. Oh, and the 70 degree temps felt wicked awesome.

The spring planets aligned today and I finally took "big red" out for her first romp of 2015. Wit the new HeliBar bridge, no more hand or wrist discomfort, even riding from noon to ~6 pm with no stops except to take bonus pictures for the Big Money Rally. Oh, and the 70 degree temps felt wicked awesome.
No problems with interference on the hand guards with the Heli-bridge?

Now, if somebody could tell me if I can keep my Techmount steering nut mount with it.

No, no problem with the hand guards, In fact the heli bridge pushes the handlebars further rearward than the straight-up 1" risers, so even more clearance than I had before. But there is now some slight interference with a (big) tank bag, if that is an issue for you. It doesn't really bother me that it hits the bag a little.

I think that you could use the Techmount with the bridge 'cause it has the cutout over the stem nut, but the bridge also has a drilled and threaded spot to stick a Ram ball that is even more convenient than the Techmount. You could sell the Techmount to help finance the Heli Bridge.

Me too, and its supposed to poor cats and dogs later on. Put the reg sticker on finally last night. Worked on my bycycle too. I was hoping to get a ride in on the human powered bike after work but the wife has other plans. Trying to get healthier is going to kill me.

First ride and first performance award of the year. That's 2 years in a row for tickets on the first ride. Gotta behave myself for a while now. The bad part is I didn't even realize I was speeding (71 in a 45). He wrote me up for 61.

Took her out for an 80 mile ride. Also replaced dealer license frame with a plain generic black. A little over halfway to first service. This bike is so smooth. Love it.

First ride and first performance award of the year. That's 2 years in a row for tickets on the first ride. Gotta behave myself for a while now. The bad part is I didn't even realize I was speeding (71 in a 45). He wrote me up for 61.
Just out of curiosity, was that clocked? Not much radar on the back roads in PA.