What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fork oil changed, steering stem bearings cleaned and re-packed and tires swapped. Now all I have to do is drill my tank for the aux tank plumbing, but I'm having trouble finding a spot that I like.

not today, but over the last several weeks

• steering head bearing clean and grease
  • drive shaft clean and grease
  • u-joint clean and grease
  • forks, shock serviced at gps
  • new foot pegs
  • swapped out radiator ('good' one got leaky, 'old used up one' re-installed
  • oil and filter change
  • air filter change
  • clean and lube shifting mechanism, center + sidestand
  • swapped rear pr4 with new to me wheel, dunlop sport max

Last edited by a moderator:
not today, but over the last several weeks

• steering head bearing clean and grease
  • drive shaft clean and grease
  • u-joint clean and grease
  • forks, shock serviced at gps
  • new foot pegs
  • swapped out radiator ('good' one got leaky, 'old used up one' re-installed
  • oil and filter change
  • air filter change
  • clean and lube shifting mechanism, center + sidestand
  • swapped rear pr4 with new to me wheel, dunlop sport max
Yes, that lift that you are going to get would have been nice a couple weeks ago!

I've been thinking of getting one also.

Installed a Helibridge on my 13. A bit of a PIA. More so because I have steering stem Techmount. The only way to get it mounted with the Helibridge was to massage the outside of the mount. Then remove the left handlebar, install the stem, then reinstall the bar.

Sure feels better though! But now I'm gonna have to buy a new tank bag. My bars hit my bag with only a little turn (that sounded like prison talk).

Oh ya, installed BIGASSSEAT on my bicycle. That butt plug it came with was uncomfortable!

Past few weeks, while gearing up for the Cape Fear rally:

Stuff I did't get to in time, but will in the next few weeks:

Holy crap! Somebody drilled a hole in my fuel tank!

ufnLvh.jpg

Rode it to Elon, NC, in the rain:

Didn't see El Toro Joe (he was probably riding, now that his back is back) or Intech (he was probably getting ready for his Tech Day).

Told Stormy (my bike) she was a sassy bitch and I loved her as we rocketed onto the freeway off the ramp at 100+ Mph. Weeeeeee!!!!

Did a 700mi round trip this weekend. Phoenix to Vegas and back. First long trip on the FJR. My last leg coming back was Kingman to Phoenix, 222 miles. I got the low fuel warning about 10 miles from home. Went to fill up today and I was only able to fit 5.49 gals. So I had over a gal left in the tank. I could've gone another 50 or so miles. Averaged 41mpg on the last leg will full bags/topcase and and a passenger.

Loving this bike!

11162206_10155482970625156_585520633864848219_n.jpg

First, rode hard up 58 to 229, then turned around and went back, even toughed a footpeg down. Used some of my unused side rubber.

-Then-

Got a new 190/55 PR4 put on. Cost 243.52. Last one lasted 13,032 miles, almost all slab.

1. it reduces the speedo error

2. it lasts AT LEAST the same percentage longer as is its circumference is larger

3. the additional width keeps the footpegs just a little higher reducing dragging when I do canyon carve (which I like, I just have a hard time finding to do,this part of 58&229 is all twisty)

4. it does NOT require a special brake brace like a car tire

The ONLY question I have is does it last as much longer as its price is higher. I do not know as I can only compare my PR4 190 to my PR2 180.

I am close. My friend has an extra rear wheel and I have a motorcycle shop that will put it on. Then I can switch back and forth as needed. I just need to figure out which tire, but that is a question for another thread.

Tested my new custom 'musicians' ear plugs. The left one was not effective, so I stopped in at the hearing clinic and had a fresh, deeper mold made.

Had third gear fun on the twisty Green Mountain road

Killed more insects. Must wash bike soon.

Swooped by various slow cagers and semis, (I remain astonished at how fast this bike can accelerate, even in fifth!)

More yard work scheduled for tomorrow. Sigh.