What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work, again. Day 311 of my streak. Turned 91k on the odometer over the weekend. Weather continues to be manageable but February and March could still bite me in the ass.

Took time to dust it off, check tire pressure.

The Monster & the Wee have been getting too much love lately.

Second weekend of getting in a quick ride. Going to need a H.D. wash now due to snow melt and sand. Only guy out yesterday, even though it was in the low 40's. Elected to return to the garage around 4 as I didn't want to get into any evening freeze.

Was raining this morning when I went to a vintage bike show so once I got home I got a quick 10 miles in. Day 315 consecutive.

We had a January thaw and rain, so the roads are bare and snow is all gone so yesterday I took the FJR out for an hour, put on about 100km and filled it up with fresh gas and I'm still walking around with a dumb grin on my face!

Forecast tonight and tomorrow is for a Nor'Easter storm with up to 10" of snow and high winds. Back to reality...

Rained yesterday evening and last night to wash all the salt and sand off the road. Took the long curvy way home today 41F-46F, about 30 miles vs normal ride home of 6.5 miles.

Bought a new Shoei Neotec helmet and got $110 off on close out ($550). I have wanted this helmet for a long time and never saw an affordable price. Nothing fancy in Black, but it fits well. Installed the Sena 20.Now I can finally talk at gas stops.

Forecast calling for 3 + inches of white crap falling from the sky starting around 4:00 so I get up and do the Paul Revere thing. Midnight ride completed. Day 317 is a wrap. Keeping the streak alive!

Rode it to work this morning. 12 degrees out but yesterday's snow forecast was a bust thankfully. We only got a light dusting and roads were clear and dry this morning. Day 318 complete.

Rode it to work. First ride in over 3 weeks, because of interference by snow (twice), freezing rain, a niece's wedding, and a miserable ten days with Flu type B that kicked my ass.

Felt good to be aboard, despite temps below 40F.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode it to work as usual. Weather a little chilly but roads have stayed clear. Day 320 consecutive. Just need to get through the rest of February and early March......

Thanks Hud. This has definitely been it's own kind of challenge and I'm really hoping to pull it off. Saddlesore rides I've done were actually easier than this! Trust me when I say it's taken a commitment for which I should probably be committed!

A couple of times I've gotten up at midnight just to go ride 10 or more miles. I've ridden in rain more than enough times. Heat and bitter cold temps and even some snow covered roads. If nothing else this little endeavor just further proves the reliability of these machines to be able to start and just ride every day, day in and day out, with nothing more than basic maintenance.