What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26 degrees today on the way in.

Life is getting better. At least I am riding again and not taking the beast to work.(F350)

Dave

I installed the newly flashed ECU from Ivan.

Never took the plastic off, just the battery cover.

Everything worked on the first try of the button (first firing up of the new year).

I still like the SPORT mode best, vs the Ivan (linear ) mode or the touring mode. He made the idle up a little (1150) , and in SPORT mode it's smoother, and shifting is smoother too. Only thing I noticed was maybe less engine braking on decel.... (?)

Overall great! Fast service and removed the 80 mph limit on the CC too!

Replaced Front tire. Left side was gone and very faint outlines of cords, right side was bumpy which explains the handlebar shakes on turns.

Finally got around to changing the air filter, it's been in there longer than I'd like to admit.

Finally got around to changing the air filter, it's been in there longer than I'd like to admit.
Mine usually go a long time. Maybe 50,000 miles or so. Take them out and blow them out with shop air, flip end-for-end and reinstall if they don't seem to have too much ground-in dirt. I don't do a lot of riding in dusty areas.

Mine was in for 25,000 miles, it looked almost new. It was such a pain to get back in past all the wires I probably won't check it any sooner.

Balanced & installed the car tire from the fiasco at Bob's tech day and went for a little ride. I installed a Riken Raptor somethingorother. It's a little harsh, will have to work with the pressure some and maybe the shock. I'm sure it'll be fine when I get some more miles on it.

While there did a clean-n-inspect of rear brake calipers, pads, etc. The moving part of the caliper seemed a little "stuck". I found that the bottom boot the pin runs through has a tear and rust powder had formed on the pin. First time I've heard of this, be sure to check yours very carefully.

Planning on riding to work.

....anyone got a set laying around taking up space?
Bust might...
grin.gif

You need 04 or newer. 03 was an orphan for rotor diameter. I had a set but I used them to make some swinging targets. My method of recycling.

Latest posts