What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF people? Seriously!![img=[URL="https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/rodzilla134/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140204_062842_718.jpg%5D"]https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/rodzilla134/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140204_062842_718.jpg][/URL]
Hey,

At least you can turn on the shiny red blinky lights up top to tell the assholes to get out of your way...

Around here at 0600, most of them are still drunk, so all those lights do is freak them out and they jam on the brakes.

3" of fresh white shit today. Not enough to make it worth starting the tractor to plow. Supposed to br 50 by the weekend but my road won't thaw till april and I will be recovering from surgery so maybe I'll ride in May.

High today 80F. It has been hitting 74F for the last two days. I have been happily riding the bike to work each night but with the extreme temp swing comes extreme fog. The ride home at 4:30 am has been VERY foggy.

Currently sitting at a nice 79 with slight breeze.
smile.png

High 40's and sunny and beautiful out, best weather in a while. And a Blizzard warning for tomorrow.

We got about a half foot more last night and then a few more inches this afternoon.

This white shit is really starting to pile up around here!

photo1.jpg

At least the Wrangler is getting a good work out.
wink.png

photo2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
High of 45 today, thunderstorm tonight, 50 for a high tomorrow, snow melt, flood the day after. Mother Nature's really pissed at me.
not_i.gif

Actually it was a nice day here and it got above freezing but it will take a whole bunch of other days like today to get rid of the white stuff.

Two nice days of highs of 50F. Roads are clear except for water from melting snow. Actually got to go out and ride a little both days!

Supposed to be up around 60F today. Of course, it is raining, thundering, and lightning right now as well.

That's OK, though - remember that I mentioned the potholes around here? Road crews had to close a road earlier to fill in a pothole - a pothole that was a foot deep!

Supposed to be up around 60F today. Of course, it is raining, thundering, and lightning right now as well.
That's OK, though - remember that I mentioned the potholes around here? Road crews had to close a road earlier to fill in a pothole - a pothole that was a foot deep!
That ain't a pothole...

...that's a speed bump.

In Chicago, potholes = $$ for the City Crew Asphalt suppliers.

They LOVE this winter!!!

:D

Another 6" of snow in the past 24 hours. Temperatures are going to moderate for a couple of days (mid-30's) but cold again next week. Not enough warm-up to get rid of any significant proportion of the accumulated snow. Long-range forecast for March is not great in terms of temperature! I almost always have my bike back on the road before St. Patrick's Day but I am thinking it is not very likely this year. I don't think I have seen bare pavement in my subdivision since sometime in December.

Maybe its just as well. I have surgery on my left hand scheduled for March 6 and I expect at least three weeks recovery before I am able to pull and hold a clutch. I won't feel so bad about lost riding time if I can't ride anyway due to weather.

This winter has been bad enough that I believe we can look forward to a couple of months of pothole slalom - not to mention frost-heave speedbumps everywhere.

8:30 pm, 67*F. Slight chance of showers in the morning. I'm commuting on my bike tonite. It's been almost 2 months since I rode.

thank god it was 50F today. Good to get out, but roads soaked with salt water.

I slapped the first mosquito of the season today.

Killed his little ass....

Windy but warm today. It was 68 at 6am this morning.

Latest posts