• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where's the best place to look for a used FJR???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm set on getting an FJR soon, but I'm still up in the air on whether I should get an 08 or a slightly used bike. Right now, I'm leaning toward an 06 or 07 with low miles. That way I won't have to take out a huge loan. So the original question is where are some good places to look for a used FJR. I'm currently searching the following, but haven't been able to find anything local:

craigslist, fjrforum, ebaymotors, and tsba

Any other ideas? It seems that the FJR is pretty elusive in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, Lucas

/quote]

I'm thinking of selling mine, 2006 with 7000 miles just installed new road pilot tires fully farkled up and never been down. In pristine condition, $11,250 Located in Scottsdale,AZ

Alan ([email protected])

I found my 05 within about 20 miles on craigslist last June, the guy even let me test ride it with, and without, my wife.

Something I discovered about the search on Cycle Trader, if you just input FJR in the keyword section and no other entries, you will find more bikes than if you specify model, brand, location, etc. Depending on how the listing is worded, some slip through the search if you narrow it down.

And hey, what's wrong with buying a used bike out of state? Some tax issue?

As to mileage, the bikes do last quite well. 75k on my '04 and the valves still haven't needed to be adjusted. Checked twice now, but nicely in the spec so far. Don't stress too much about 10-20k on a FJR, that's low mileage!

So I'm set on getting an FJR soon, but I'm still up in the air on whether I should get an 08 or a slightly used bike. Right now, I'm leaning toward an 06 or 07 with low miles. That way I won't have to take out a huge loan. So the original question is where are some good places to look for a used FJR. I'm currently searching the following, but haven't been able to find anything local:

Any other ideas? It seems that the FJR is pretty elusive in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, Lucas
Did you see my ad for the 2006 FJR?

Thanks, Lucas
Hi Lucas, did you see my ad in the classified section for my 06 with 7k miles?