• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where's the best place to look for a used FJR???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lharrell79

Reaction score
So I'm set on getting an FJR soon, but I'm still up in the air on whether I should get an 08 or a slightly used bike. Right now, I'm leaning toward an 06 or 07 with low miles. That way I won't have to take out a huge loan. So the original question is where are some good places to look for a used FJR. I'm currently searching the following, but haven't been able to find anything local:

craigslist, fjrforum, ebaymotors, and tsba

Any other ideas? It seems that the FJR is pretty elusive in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, Lucas

One thing to be aware of is that these bikes (along with others in the sport touring genre) do not seem to depreciate quite as quickly as most other type of bikes. This may swing you back into the buy it new, or buy an '07 leftover, camp. Yes there are still some '07 leftovers out there...

PS - did you look at the classifieds here? There's an almost new '07 being sold by Bob Hughes in FL.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to be aware of is that these bikes (along with others in the sport touring genre) do not seem to depreciate quite as quickly as most other type of bikes. This may swing you back into the buy it new, or buy an '07 leftover, camp. Yes there are still some '07 leftovers out there...
PS - did you look at the classifieds here? There's an almost new '07 being sold by Bob Hughes in FL.
Yeah, I've been scanning the classifieds here, but can't find anything local. If I buy out of state, I will probably buy new, fly out to the bike, and then just ride it home. I've seen several dealers out there advertising new 07's for 11,999, with no extra fees. You just pay tax and title when you get back to your home state. I figure I could probably get a one way flight for 99-149, and then gas to ride back would be around 69-99. I'm keeping all my options open at this time, but I'm really hoping I can snag a slightly used one around the Austin area.

Thanks, Lucas

+1 Fred.

When I was looking for my FJR, last year, I didn't want to spend the $$ for brand new. I bought my used 2005 for what I thought was a good deal with all the farkles the guy had on it. It did have higher miles (that's relative to some) on it though.

Basically new bikes go for only a $1-3K more than a used one.

As I trolled diligently through the various online places like ebay, cycletrader.com, craigslist.com, and the recycler.com, almost daily for months, I noticed that the bikes all kept their value quite well. While that didn't help me out much for a buyer, I elected to buy the higher mileage bike for about $2K less than most other used 2005 FJR's. The previous owner couldn't move it due to the miles. I watched the bike for a couple months and he came down significantly in price, and I nabbed it. Great deal for me. :yahoo:

The other thing I noticed while doing this was many of the bikes never moved. They also never lowered their price much, maybe they owed that much I don't know. But I kept an eye on this for a while after getting my bike. I thought that's not typical economics 101 when things don't move and prices don't fall.

Good luck! B)

It took me 4 months to find one used, and I am in Los Angeles, and there's more motorcycles per square inch here than just about anywhere. I was picky about mileage too, I wanted one with less than 10k. However, now that I have almost 12k on mine, I don't think I would be as concerned about it next time around. Mine is just starting to feel broken in honestly. We tend to forget these bikes should easily do 100k+ if properly maintained.

my 2 cents

Craigslist. I just checked a few Texas locations and there a few of them listed. Bluesman, how many miles did yours have when you picked it up?

Yeah, I've been scanning the classifieds here, but can't find anything local. If I buy out of state, I will probably buy new, fly out to the bike, and then just ride it home. I've seen several dealers out there advertising new 07's for 11,999, with no extra fees. You just pay tax and title when you get back to your home state. I figure I could probably get a one way flight for 99-149, and then gas to ride back would be around 69-99. I'm keeping all my options open at this time, but I'm really hoping I can snag a slightly used one around the Austin area.

Thanks, Lucas
There are new 07's in San Antonio dealers that they will probably deal on. Nothing wrong with fly and buy.

So I'm set on getting an FJR soon, but I'm still up in the air on whether I should get an 08 or a slightly used bike. Right now, I'm leaning toward an 06 or 07 with low miles. That way I won't have to take out a huge loan. So the original question is where are some good places to look for a used FJR. I'm currently searching the following, but haven't been able to find anything local:

Any other ideas? It seems that the FJR is pretty elusive in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, Lucas

There's one for sale in the Tampa area:

Yamaha 2005 FJR 1300 9,400 miles, adult owned. Excellent condition. Many extras. $9,4000. 727-398-6004...

Thanks, Lucas

There's one for sale in the Tampa area:

Yamaha 2005 FJR 1300 9,400 miles, adult owned. Excellent condition. Many extras. $9,4000. 727-398-6004...

I hope that guy gets that much for a used '05 'cause that would mean that mine is worth more than I paid for mine a year and a half ago... ;)

Try search strings like this in Google, substituting the year you're looking for, then look for the city names in the results (I just got 61 hits on the first one listed):

site:craigslist.org fjr1300 2007

site:craigslist.org fjr 1300 2007

site:craigslist.org fjr 2007

Thanks, Lucas
:biggrinsmiley: here ya go!

Latest posts