• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB- Road Runner Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barabus

Reaction score
Did anybody purchase a Road Runner harness and not install it? If so, then please post up.

Thanks,

Barry

Barry whats a RR harness?
R
That was Art's (Road Runner) nice solution to the Gen II spider problem (the alternate to Brodie's harness). IIRC, it took the ground loads for the fans and headlights off the main harness and routed them to spots on the motor (front corners). I've had no problems with it since installation a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Brodie and Road Runner have stopped making the harnesses. I had the recall done, however, Road Runner mentioned that S6 is still a problem after the recall and recommended cutting and soldering S6. I was thinking if I could get a Road Runner harness then I would not have to worry about S6. My main harness has fried once already. I do not want that to happen again.

Barry,
I thought you had the recall done on the harness last year.

Marcus,

Any chance I you could make one of these Road Runner harnesses? I have wine to trade:)

Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Brodie and Road Runner have stopped making the harnesses. I had the recall done, however, Road Runner mentioned that S6 is still a problem after the recall and recommended cutting and soldering S6. I was thinking if I could get a Road Runner harness then I would not have to worry about S6. My main harness has fried once already. I do not want that to happen again.
That's too bad. I must have gotten lucky and bought my RR harness right before he stopped making them. Guess the demand just dried up.