• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Anti-Vibe Light Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to find some pictures last night from one of the folks here one the forum for the Gen3 brackets. He mounted one of Justins larger lights and said these were the stiffest brackets he had ever seen I believe was the comment. I will have to check my other computer at home again. They may be in an email that was sent to me.

Dave

Got 'em today - thanks, Dave!

Whenever my PWM arrives, I'll tackle the brackets and PWM install and post up a pic or two.

Just a few pictures of Andy's brackets. I used an 8mm hex head bolt for his. We will know soon Joe.

100_1888_zpsrdmasqpy.jpg

100_1884_zpsbnsv8bhi.jpg

100_1894_zpsgjxiqcry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, the brackets look great. I'm interested in finding out how they work with the Rigid Industries Lights. If so...would those brackets also work on my Gen II?

Fixed!!!

Dave, the brackets look great. I'm interstellar in finding out how they work with the Rigid Industries Lights. If so...would those brackets also work on my Gen II?
You're interstellar?
uhoh.gif

So where are you headed? Uranus?
tonguesmiley.gif

Beefed up brackets look great, Dave.

IMG_20150506_153133713_zpsrhb1f7w5.jpg

Got to love these Gen III FZ1 Mirror Light Brackets after powder coating Satin Black.

Will post again once the Whole thing is buttoned up, with 14" of snow expected this Sunday I'm sure I'll get it done.

The bracket change is complete. Unfortunately, the new brackets rotate the lights ~45 degrees, so I do not think this will be the final mounting solution.

Anyhoo.

Here are some pitchers.

Before: here are four "before" pitchers of the Rigid D2's on Garauld's brackets:

Dave already posted pitchers of the brackets before he sent 'em to me, so here is a side-by-side of his and Garauld's.

Mounted up, here is the right-side light.

Here you can see the rotation of the right-side light compared to the horizontal orientation of the left-side light still mounted on Garauld's bracket.

Test to see how they look rotated vs. horizontal.

I went ahead and swapped out the left-side bracket as well. For grins, I popped on the amber lens covers.

So, I'm not sure what my next step will be. Either try another set of brackets and hope they're sturdy enough to hold the D2's steady, or maybe figger out a way to modify the existing D2 brackets to allow for rotation back to horizontal, or fab a set of brackets to rotate the D2s back to horizontal. And, I don't think the D2's that I bought are dimmable, but that's for another thread.

You can definitely tell that the WynPro brackets pull the lights in closer to the faring, and while it appears there will still be a lit of vibration, it will be substantially less than before.

So a good test would be at night with both style brackets. Take turns covering up only one side at a time. See if it makes a difference with the beam pattern. If the reflector for the led is round does it matter if the light is at a 45 degree angle? Not sure, but I believe someone will be along soon to maybe answer that.

Dave

I'm not sure either, Dave, but I sent a message to the folks at Rigid asking 'em if the rotation will make a difference or not. As soon as I hear, I'll post the response here.

I can take the Gen3 style and make a set up fairly quickly. I just finished up making the Gen2 specific for stock mirrors brackets this week. (WP-G2-SM-LR4) I believe is the number I gave them.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.