• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro, Ram-Bone Mount, I've got BALLS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
08FJR4ME,

If you can make the "mid-arm" 1" longer for the current setup you have (angle adjustable- arm thing), that would be sweet. Let me know how much it goes for (if different than the 5" version) and when you think you could do it by.

The Laguna tank bag is quite tall, at 11 inches measured from the base where the tank screws are on the stem (the mounting location for your arms). This means that I need to angle the arm back closer to the instrument panel but still keep a little height. It would be pretty close to the ignition, leaving just enough room for my hand to fit behind it.

I feel that i should probably ditch the tank bag for the trip...but the extra space and convinience it provides is too good to casually discard.

I'll make a decision soon, based on your input of completion date (assuming you are willing to do it), and with addtional input from my passenger. If we can fit things with the additional bags I recently purchased, then the flex arm pictured would be great, if the tank bag must stay, then i'll need it longer, or find an alternative solution. (like the clutch and brake cover plates with the 1" ram ball - however, I can imagine while on turns, it would cause the screen to move)

*(I wanted to make sure you understand my position, so you dont feel like I'm jerking you around. I dont like my time being wasted, and I'm sure others feel the same)*

08FJR4ME,
If you can make the "mid-arm" 1" longer for the current setup you have (angle adjustable- arm thing), that would be sweet. Let me know how much it goes for (if different than the 5" version) and when you think you could do it by.

The Laguna tank bag is quite tall, at 11 inches measured from the base where the tank screws are on the stem (the mounting location for your arms). This means that I need to angle the arm back closer to the instrument panel but still keep a little height. It would be pretty close to the ignition, leaving just enough room for my hand to fit behind it.

I feel that i should probably ditch the tank bag for the trip...but the extra space and convinience it provides is too good to casually discard.

I'll make a decision soon, based on your input of completion date (assuming you are willing to do it), and with addtional input from my passenger. If we can fit things with the additional bags I recently purchased, then the flex arm pictured would be great, if the tank bag must stay, then i'll need it longer, or find an alternative solution. (like the clutch and brake cover plates with the 1" ram ball - however, I can imagine while on turns, it would cause the screen to move)

*(I wanted to make sure you understand my position, so you dont feel like I'm jerking you around. I dont like my time being wasted, and I'm sure others feel the same)*
O.K. which one are we talking about here? Ram-bone or adjustable mount with plate. The Ram-bone is 5" inches and I could make a custom length if need be.

The adjustalbe mount is roughly 9 3/4 inches to the top of the 660 GPS. I am 5' 10 inches tall and when sitting on the bike the top of the GPS is at the lower edges of the two outer gages when looking down at it. I can't see my keys when sitting on the bike with the GPS mounted where it is now on my bike. I also run with a tank bag all the time, Nelson riggs but I am not sure what size it is. There is still plenty of room to move my gps forward and not have it blocked by the bag at all. Even with a larger bag I don't see an issue.

I have the adjustable stand in stock and I just started another run of the 5" Ram-bone. I have a few of the ram bones left but they are going quickly. I am going away next week and won't be able process any orders till I get back. Hope this helps.

Dave

08FJR4ME,

O.K. which one are we talking about here? Ram-bone or adjustable mount with plate. The Ram-bone is 5" inches and I could make a custom length if need be.

The adjustalbe mount is roughly 9 3/4 inches to the top of the 660 GPS. I am 5' 10 inches tall and when sitting on the bike the top of the GPS is at the lower edges of the two outer gages when looking down at it. I can't see my keys when sitting on the bike with the GPS mounted where it is now on my bike. I also run with a tank bag all the time, Nelson riggs but I am not sure what size it is. There is still plenty of room to move my gps forward and not have it blocked by the bag at all. Even with a larger bag I don't see an issue.

I have the adjustable stand in stock and I just started another run of the 5" Ram-bone. I have a few of the ram bones left but they are going quickly. I am going away next week and won't be able process any orders till I get back. Hope this helps.

Dave
I was looking at your adjustable one. Do you have any of those left? If you do, I'll just buy it and hope it works, if you have any left. My cross country trip starts the last weekend in May. Let me know if you have any more, or if you can make one by then. If not, that's ok too. I can live with the alternatives. =)

08FJR4ME,

I feel that i should probably ditch the tank bag for the trip...but the extra space and convenience it provides is too good to casually discard.

I'll make a decision soon, based on your input of completion date (assuming you are willing to do it), and with additional input from my passenger. If we can fit things with the additional bags I recently purchased, then the flex arm pictured would be great, if the tank bag must stay, then I'll need it longer, or find an alternative solution. (like the clutch and brake cover plates with the 1" ram ball - however, I can imagine while on turns, it would cause the screen to move)

The adjustable mount is roughly 9 3/4 inches to the top of the 660 GPS. I am 5' 10 inches tall and when sitting on the bike the top of the GPS is at the lower edges of the two outer gages when looking down at it. I can't see my keys when sitting on the bike with the GPS mounted where it is now on my bike. I also run with a tank bag all the time, Nelson riggs but I am not sure what size it is. There is still plenty of room to move my gps forward and not have it blocked by the bag at all. Even with a larger bag I don't see an issue.

Dave
I was looking at your adjustable one. Do you have any of those left? If you do, I'll just buy it and hope it works, if you have any left. My cross country trip starts the last weekend in May. Let me know if you have any more, or if you can make one by then. If not, that's ok too. I can live with the alternatives. =)
Yes, I have one all made up for the garmen 660 ready to go. I have some others also available. If someone needs a different kind of plate we can accommodate for that also.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also on another note, The Ram-bone that I sell will be on back order for a couple of weeks. It seems I can't get the balls for a couple of weeks from my supplier. I also wont be shipping any orders for the next week and will be out of town at the time.

Back after next week folks,

Thanks to all,

Dave

Also on another note, The Ram-bone that I sell will be on back order for a couple of weeks. It seems I can't get the balls for a couple of weeks from my supplier. I also wont be shipping any orders for the next week and will be out of town at the time.
Back after next week folks,

Thanks to all,

Dave
Dave,

I received my Ram-bone in the mail today. Looks like I ordered just in time! Got it installed with GPS on the bike and it not only works great but looks smooth too. Thanks for a great product and transaction.

-Paul

The postman just brought mine. Beautiful work Dave. Works perfectly with the aquabox and 3" arm.

Payment sent. Just caught up with the thread, and understand "your out of balls" :huh:

Oh well, I'm in for the 5" variety when your restocked.

Payment sent. Just caught up with the thread, and understand "your out of balls" :huh:
Oh well, I'm in for the 5" variety when your restocked.
Ram balls have been shipped and should show up at my door on Wednesday. All back-orders should go out on Thursday.

Thanks all,

Dave

Dave,
Did you get my PM I sent you earlier this week?

Tom
Hey Tom,

Yes i got your email along with several others. just send your ball to me and I will make it work. If you go to the first post in this thread you will have my address. I also received my other balls today and have to get going on getting orders out for tomorrow. Gonna be a late night again.

Thanks all,

Dave

Gonna be a late night again.
Thanks all,

Dave
Thanks for the effort Dave. These are the late night efforts that are worth it though...right? Doing something you enjoy with $ at the end of it.

I envy you your situation.

Continue to march!!!

W2

WynPro DeBonar®. Call before midnight, you'll get the new Ballzripper® option free with every order!! Get one for the little missus-she'll love the thoughtful design, with features she can truly appreciate!

Last edited by a moderator:
WynPro DeBonar®. Call before midnight, you'll get the new Ballzripper® option free with every order!! Get one for the little missus-she'll love the thoughtful design, with features she can truly appreciate!
Thanks for the laugh Rad! :D I needed that.

Dave,
Did you get my PM I sent you earlier this week?

Tom
Hey Tom,

Yes i got your email along with several others. just send your ball to me and I will make it work. If you go to the first post in this thread you will have my address. I also received my other balls today and have to get going on getting orders out for tomorrow. Gonna be a late night again.

Thanks all,

Dave
Thanks Dave. I'll get that out to you by this weekend.

I dont suppose you would have a version where the ball is just sitting on top of the mount plate do you? I have and use a couple different longer and shorter RAM arms with a join to put my GPS where I want it (sometimes on top of the tank bag with my map in it so they are close together to reference quicker on the go). I however dont use the GPS all the time and would like it to look cleaner, hardly noticable when not in use. Thanks! - Great idea and looking product youhave by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.