Yamaha Fjr 1300 Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazos parker

What??
Reaction score
I currently use a Tourmaster mini magnetic tank bag. While this bag is great for short day trips, I'm thinking of ordering a Yamaha FJR 1300 tank bag from FJRgoodies.com for longer rides. Thought I get some opinions first.

So, wha'cha think abt that choice?

I've got the Yamaha tank bag from FJR Goodies. I thought I would just use it on longer trips. I've ended using it all the time. A lot of room if you need it, yet very transportable off the bike. Looks good with the Yamaha embroidery and is a quality made piece. Highly recommended!

Yes, it's a very nice bag, and highly recommend it. However, if you have set back risers, or farkles on your bars it may be a tight/interference fit. I have both, and the bag kinda gets in the way. Takes some getting used to.

It's a great bag. It is big but that sounds like what you're looking for.

Check out https://www.t-bags.com and look for the 750 magnetic tank bag. I have it in silver, it is a great bag. Very high quality, and the silver complements the '05 silver nicely. They also have the traditional black version. My only criticism of the bag is that the map window on top is small, but overall the bag is smallish. It is great for around town or short hop trips.

I have the Heli bar risers (second edition) and the FJRGoodies tank bag the only time I have any interference is in parking lot / driveway type manuvers, the bag will just begin to touch the grip area at full steering lock, really hasn't been an issue for me since I don't notice it at all on the road.

Toophast

Yes, Toophast is absolutely correct. It's not that the bag is dangerous or anything by any means. It just bumps my farkles when maneuvering in the lots.

Otherwise it is a VERY nice bag.