Yamaha TMAX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen one in person as yet, but as posted here, I too think they make a pretty interesting FJR relative!

But...

$7,999 (Deep Blue) Available from July 2008

$8,099 (Cadmium Yellow) Available from July 2008

that's a lot of green stamps for a scooter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode one. They are more like a bike than a scooter, IMO. It handled well and was pretty zippy. Negatives are $$$ and the gas milage is about the same as the FJR.

Coming from a Burgman 650.....I thought they looked like an overgrown Majesty.....but I was considering one for the wife :)

I have a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 and a 2008 FJR and wouldn't part with either of them. I bought the scooter for mostly riding around town. It's very easy to park, holds all kinds of stuff under the seat and it'll smoke most V-twins out there. I've ridden mine out to visit friends in Los Angeles twice and it handled the LA freeway system just fine. I've had it up to 105 on my local highway and it had more to go, although it feels a little scary at that speed. 80mph is a good cruising speed for it. Overall average for me is about 52mpg and I tend to ride it fast.

They are a bit pricey for a scooter, but after you ride one you'll understand why.

Saw a black and yellow TMAX scooter today. Looked comfortable and really neat. Anyone ride one?
Not quite ready for one yet, but I could see the day. I've read about and seen talented riders doing amazing things on scooters. I'd be laughing my axe off if I could pass motorcycles in the twisties on one, and in great comfort.

I have a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 and a 2008 FJR and wouldn't part with either of them..........They are a bit pricey for a scooter, but after you ride one you'll understand why.
Strange.....I bought my FJR from a guy that replaced it with a Burgman 650. I would still have mine, will agree that it handles like a dream, but be careful when you push it into a curve at speed and hit a patch of bad pavement.....the insurance bought that one.....I walked it off :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator: