2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo! Just a few hours until I leave. Cannot wait! Jay & I will see several folk @ the Sheetz in S Boston. Bye until then, Heidi

Waiting on a plane in Augusta, GA to take me home. Done with ass of a client and can start thinking about packing up and heading out tomorrow!

got the new sneaker on the front with the TPMS sensor. Got the TPMS mounted and wired up. Trailer is all packed. Stopped for something to eat. Now just have to pack some clothes and toothbrush and we will be ready.we are stoked! Oh yeah, I just checked the weather for the next 4 days in Breaks and it sucks! NOT!! :yahoo:

Sitting here @ work ,come on clock! I just hope I can get some sleep in the morning. I'm READY ! We desided to stop at the Meadow of Dan motorcycle campground. Hungry is just a little to far.

Sitting here @ work ,come on clock! I just hope I can get some sleep in the morning. I'm READY ! We desided to stop at the Meadow of Dan motorcycle campground. Hungry is just a little to far.
Are you leaving late in the day? HM SP is not that much farther and some great roads to get there. Have a safe trip. Not sure what time we will roll out of HM friday morning. I would say probably 8 ish if you wanted to get an early start and meet us in the morning.

Im headed out at 0730 tomorrow for breaks. I went ahead and got a tent site for thur. night and will move to the group site on fri. I will check into see if I can set up early on the group site on fri as it looks like I will be the first one there. I'll also familiarize myself with the route to Hayse as I understand it, thats where the beer is.

Bryan

Made it home by 3:30 today...1,250 miles of pure bliss for the weekend. I only took a couple pictures that turned out. I'm sure someone will post some pics later. I had a great time, it was great to see the usual suspects, and got to meet some new folks. As for everyone that missed this trip...well I feel sorry for you, you missed a great weekend of riding some incredible roads. :p

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig! Great weekend, great roads, no rain, great people, great pulled pork (thanks Joe!). My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough...

Home safe! A long day of riding, but a good one (until last 12 miles when heavy rain commenced).

What an outstanding weekend of riding, raccoons, and foxes! I think a good time was had by all! :D

Many thanks to Joe for organizing the meet (and the pulled pork)...well done! Thanks to Heidi for the awesome routes/rides and thanks to Art for adjusting my suspension! It was good to meet friends once again and make a few new ones.

RIP Bob's GPS.....

FYB ;)

I made it home just before 6pm. I think I saw Ken in Mt Morris, PA getting back on I-79N after a fuel stop, but he didn't see me. Looks like my GPS was a victim this weekend too. I put it in my topcase during a breakfast stop this morning and when I pulled it out, the face was cracked and the touch screen don't work no mo'. Not as spectacular a demise as Bob's, but it's toast all the same.

Thanks to those who mapped out the rides and thanks to Joe for setting the weekend in motion. I had a great time and met a lot of great folks, and even learned how to carve a corner or two! Hope everyone got home safe!!

Home right at 6 PM with just over 1600 miles for the weekend, the last 50 in rain which felt good after a few hours of 90 degrees.

Thanks to everyone for being such great company. Thanks to Heidi for the routes, Bob for his most awesome fire-skills, and mostly to Joe. Besides putting all this together you saved my weekend by convincing me to get a new tire and then hung with me at the shop while they put it on. Then to top that, you get me out a performance award and show me some great roads. You were definitely my guardian angel for the weekend.

my pictures weren't great but I'll post the couple that turned out okay.

Home about 5. Would've been a little sooner but.....

DSC00451.jpg

Hwy 16 just south of War

Big honkin' thanks to the folks that put this together.

See y'all at EOM

I made it home just before 6pm. I think I saw Ken in Mt Morris, PA getting back on I-79N after a fuel stop, but he didn't see me. Looks like my GPS was a victim this weekend too. I put it in my topcase during a breakfast stop this morning and when I pulled it out, the face was cracked and the touch screen don't work no mo'. Not as spectacular a demise as Bob's, but it's toast all the same.

Thanks to those who mapped out the rides and thanks to Joe for setting the weekend in motion. I had a great time and met a lot of great folks, and even learned how to carve a corner or two! Hope everyone got home safe!!
If that was me then I'm sorry I missed you!

If that was me then I'm sorry I missed you!

No worries! I was hiding behind a gas pump at the time...

Latest posts