2015 MoonShine Lunch Run (merged)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sighed up,I'm #562. Arriving Friday sometime a and leaving Sunday. Staying at Day'Inn. Made the reservation last year right after I got back home. Planning on the SS1000 up through Jacksonville and Lexington. This year gonna stay for chili supper. See you there.

I did this ride last year with a bud - starting in Buffalo . Was about 10am when we finished the ride. Temp was as low as 34F.

The moonburgers are a treat - If you go you have to find the place and try them. Number of peep that live in the town - 2 -

Yup that's right - 2. As for the weather on the Sat - It got really warm out. I can't remember the hotel - I can remember a

food joint across the street that had all you can eat ribs for under 15 bucks. This joint only does the ribs during the moonshine

weekend. As for the ribs - Fall off the bone - mouth watering. (just wish I could remember the restaurant name)

If you go you will have a good time and meet lots of great peeps.

It's on the radar, but too far out to commit. (Yeah; April, I know.)

Which probably means the hotels will be full, which probably means I'm sleeping in the tent, which probably means I'll freeze my ass off and not shower/shave, which means -- if it all comes to pass -- an indelible memory.

I just registered for Moonshine. I ended up at the Super 8 cuz the Days Inn was full on Friday. I should get there by 9am Friday if my SS1k plans pan out. Just shooting for lunch is all I really want to do though - then sleep til dinner......

I think we had to stay here - Budget Host Inn. It was cheap - hotel was old - but it was clean
You are so tired you won't really care once you get there. Not a lot of places to stay.
Once all the big names are gone then you have these ones. We booked it I think
with 2 days or less.

Budget Host Inn
716 East Elizabeth Street, Greenup, IL,

United States ‎ +1 217-923-3176

Greenup Inn
400 South Haughton Highway, Greenup, IL,

United States ‎ +1 217-923-5512

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a thread about moonshine in the long distance riding section. You will find a few folks from this forum, will be in attendance.

Yep, I'm planning to go. Don't know if I'll do the IBA option though - the IBA prescribed route from here (Columbus) is really boring.

Yep, I'm planning to go. Don't know if I'll do the IBA option though - the IBA prescribed route from here (Columbus) is really boring.
If you want to get your slip of paper...then you do that. Or you do your own thang...just know that 500 to 1000 of your closest friends will be going to the same hamburger stand.

I believe you can make your own route, just have the 3 required receipts when you check in at Casey. Can 1000 miles on an FJR be boring?

I believe you can make your own route, just have the 3 required receipts when you check in at Casey. Can 1000 miles on an FJR be boring?
Yes. Wheaton to Denver via interstate is boring.

Trust me.

Would love to do this one, but it will have to wait until I retire. That always falls during outage season. Life in the power business.

I've done it once during the Lunch Run, and once while on a trip passing that way. Both experiences were enjoyable.

Expect SNOW! Rain! High Winds! Tornados! at the Lunch Run...

...all at the same time!

I stayed in F'ingham, IL when I went.

The morning I left it was pissing anda pouring rain. There was a good 6" or more deep water in the motel lot.

As I loaded up and got ready to head out, a kid standing there watching asked, You gonna ride your motorcycle in this?

Yup headed home to Arkansas.

Wow....

Where's Arkansas?

Memories....

:)

First time at Moonshine got caught in a snow squall just south of Decatur, IL. Roads where clear but had a hard time keeping the snow from packing up on the helmet visor.

That's when I knew I would have to do Moonshine again.

2015 will be number 8 for me.

2014 WS my first Moonshine. It will not be my last. I'm signed up for this year. Probably will do another SS1000 on my way there. Too easy. I'm already that far away when I start. Did it last year, great and oh so fun. See you there!