2015 MoonShine Lunch Run (merged)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm less than 200 mile from Moonshine, so I'll get there by way of Mississippi.

Nothing as much fun as the long way around.

Thanks, I thought you had to take their route - yes, Rt 70 is very boring. I can create a real nice route by heading South toward Nashville, Memphis and back up along the Miss. I'll figure something out that is more interesting. I'll have to get witnesses for the start and end if I create my own route. It's worth the small additional paperwork and wait time for confirmation vs their prescribed route for instant verification upon arrival check-in.

Looks like we're heading back.
smile.png
If anyone notices an '04 with NY plates say hi. Staying in Marshall.

This will be my third Moonshine. My plans this year are still tentative, but if I go I'll be camped out at the KOA campground just north of Casey. Forum members are welcome to stop by, enjoy the campfire and share tall tales and good spirits. I'll post again once my plans are confirmed.

This will be my third Moonshine. My plans this year are still tentative, but if I go I'll be camped out at the KOA campground just north of Casey. Forum members are welcome to stop by, enjoy the campfire and share tall tales and good spirits. I'll post again once my plans are confirmed.
I'll miss this one Jon, but hoist one for me while yer at it.

Any of you FJR Forum guys/gals want to stop at the host motel and say hi, feel free to. I`ll be in the conference room all day Fri. passing out IBA certificates for those that participated in the Curt Gran Memorial SS1K.

Free coffee and the sweet roll lady will once again be there selling delicious sweet rolls. She will be set up at Days Inn and Suites. She donates her time, ingredients and all money taken in goes to charity. She will only be there from 7:00 - 10:00 AM make sure and get there early as these are GREAT. Make sure you thank her for all she does!

Thanks Rick, good to know. We plan on heading back from Marshall on Friday morning to drop off our paperwork. Looks like sweet rolls for breakfast!
smile.png

Yep, I'm planning to go. Don't know if I'll do the IBA option though - the IBA prescribed route from here (Columbus) is really boring.
I believe you can make your own route, just have the 3 required receipts when you check in at Casey. Can 1000 miles on an FJR be boring?
Yes. Wheaton to Denver via interstate is boring.

Trust me.

Well got to admit I 80 was boring, until we picked up that Audi A8 as a rabbit. Made very short work of Nebraska.

I'm getting fired up about the ride now and it looks like, at least at this point of the week, the weather will be great both Saturday and Sunday! Hope to meet more of the forum members this year.

Anyone heading there from the Left Coast, there are wind advisories across AZ & NM, T-storms from OK to IL.

But, hey - looking sweet in Moonshine this weekend!

Bad news. I'm out on the SS1K, found the mother of all pot holes, bent both rims on the FJR. Really sorry to miss that, would have been 4 in a row.

Good News. I'll still make Moonshine, but on the Duc.

I am not going to make it to Moonshine and I won't need my room at the Casey Days Inn. If any one wants it let me know right away and I will see if I can transfer the reservation to you.

If I no one wants it I will be cancelling it tomorrow afternoon.

PM me through the forum or send email at beheiple at gmail dot com.

Anyone from Northern Indiana area going to moonshine Saturday? Looking for some company to ride down with.

Got to Moonshine without bending any wheels. Met couple of the SS1K riders. Don't know how much rain they rode in, but you can see the high water mark on the bikes. Hats off to them.