Poll: How fast have you been on an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the fastest you have been on an FJR?

• 80mph

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 90mph

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 100mph

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • 110mph

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • 120mph

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • 130mph

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • Over 140mph

Votes: 90 44.6%

• Total voters
What good is all that power if you don't try it out at least once? A lot more hooligans here than I figured, thought I was in the minority to be in the 140+ club.

Oh, almost forgot, lunch at Red Lodge Pizza Co., $14.00, fuel for FJR on a long road trip $350, barely being able to see all my buddies (on their BMW's) in the rear view mirror on Hwy 120 between Red Lodge, MT and Cody, Wy, PRICELESS!
smile.png

150 on the long straight at Road America......
punk.gif
At least that was what it said on the needle - though I have no idea how accurate the speedo is at that speed....

And of course as I was doing that I was so damn proud of myself and my bike, and about .5 of a second after that.....

a couple of souped up R1's went flying by me like I was standing still..... oooooohhhhh
umnik.gif

I hit 140 once. That's when my butthole started leaking a bit so, I let go of the throttle. I don't want to know how much I had left.
smile.png
On Interstate 10, just west of Tallahassee..... I got to watch the FHP write your ass up, leak and all, remember??? :lol2:

Project complete.

Don't bother trying to delete your posts: too late.

We've got your addresses.

You'll be hearing from your local law enforcement by the weekend.

Not for bragging rights but to find out the high speed stability of the bike. I've run up past 130 and even to 150 - rock steady, no extra vibrations and still pulling at the higher speed. I am very impressed that something relatively top heavy as the FJR seems to smoothly climb from 70 to 90 to 110 and beyond with little effort or fuss on its part.

I haven't really tried to run my FJR up yet. The problem I find with the FJR is you can be passing someone and look down and you are doing close to 100. It accelerates pretty quickly for 70-90 or so.

I had a cruiser before the FJR. It was rock solid to about 85 then it started getting squirrely. Anything over that was no fun, it just didn't feel stable. That bike hits the rev limiter at 100 anyway.

Does the FJR feel solid all the way up to 140?

157 and it was like laying down on the coffee table at the house, dead still inside the envelope. Had some throttle left but it didn't seem to go any faster. I started coming up on something ahead in my lane and shut it down.

146 mph and I backed off (running out of appropriate road)... I chose my 'track' with due diligence. Never have tried since (the urge was there, just not a safe place to try). The side bags were on and the bike was very stable.

It's very stable at over 150 w/bags on. A lot of 140's here... 140 is pretty easy to get to, from there up it takes a lot more time and space as acceleration levels off dramatically. To top mine out I went windscreen full down and tucked as low as i could.

Is that the best aero position, or is it more slippery with some windscreen angle?