Poll: How fast have you been on an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the fastest you have been on an FJR?

• 80mph

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 90mph

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 100mph

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • 110mph

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • 120mph

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • 130mph

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • Over 140mph

Votes: 90 44.6%

• Total voters
Multipath Error on the GPS.....but it looks like a legit story right???

What, an FJR with bottle rockets strapped to it?
Every Garmin I ever bought came with some very high MPH number already filled in the max. field. I don't know if that's from a test program or what, but I thought that's what you were showing us.

I do know of one '05 FJR that went 149 MPH, verified by Garmin GPS. I'll leave it to him to admit who it is if he wants to.
innocent.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit 140 once. That's when my butthole started leaking a bit so, I let go of the throttle. I don't want to know how much I had left. :)
On Interstate 10, just west of Tallahassee..... I got to watch the FHP write your ass up, leak and all, remember??? :lol2:
Why, Yes!...... Yes I do!..... But, that was nowhere near 140. He said he got me at 90. I told him: Officer, I wasn't going anywhere near 90. He said: can I put you down at 79? I said: Why, Yes!..... Yes you can!..... :D

All three of mine have pulled 140+ with bags and trunk or tail bag. Only on a closed course... ;-)

--G

The amazing thing to me, from what I hear, is how fast it deccelerates once you decide to drop the throttle. Gives you a real appreciation for how much power it took to get/stay there. (or so I hear)

I believe one only needs to hit full warp speed once to scratch that need for top speed, so I did that 8 years ago when I had my CBR954rr (167mph). I had an 07 R1 and never took it past 140. The FJR I took to 130ish and was concerned that my +2 windscreen would fly off, but mostly I keep it below 100mph to keep myself from a free transport to the pokey here in So. Cal.

Mikaljames said:
Wow, I feel way less of a man after reading about all the studly exploits of you lot! I have hit I believe 110 while passing cages. I better go see if I can do at least one push-up to make myself feel better.
Jackass!

I just taped over a big portion of my speedometer from 66 to whatever number they they came from the factory on the far right. I then Sharpied, "Ludicrous Speed" on the duct tape. Sort of a, "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" thing that works really well in Oregon and Illinois.

...the only problem is places like Nevada when the little stubby end comes around again and 10, 20, and sometimes 30 mph. It's times like these that I wish I'd also duct taped my tachometer and check engine light over too.
blink.png

How's that for being veiled and obscure Bounce?

Oh, and what Skooterg said....or at least the first part
wink.png

Anybody can claim anything on the innernets. I believe the bike can go 155+/-...nobody knows who has gotten there...but if I did get up there...it might be fun. As well as going the speed limit on the BRP in spots...that can be fun, too.

My video yes, my account yes. My bike? Who knows. Me riding? Nobody knows. Maybe I just found it on the net and shared on my account. Maybe I mounted a gopro on a friends bike. I would give it a zero chance of getting in trouble over a video like that. No worries.
grin.gif