Poll: How fast have you been on an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the fastest you have been on an FJR?

• 80mph

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 90mph

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 100mph

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • 110mph

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • 120mph

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • 130mph

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • Over 140mph

Votes: 90 44.6%

• Total voters
My video yes, my account yes. My bike? Who knows. Me riding? Nobody knows. Maybe I just found it on the net and shared on my account. Maybe I mounted a gopro on a friends bike. I would give it a zero chance of getting in trouble over a video like that. No worries.
grin.gif
I just wish the cops around here were a little more diligent about ticketing those they catch see in the act, never mind probing the internet for admissions against interest.

BTW, an "admission against interest" is usually an exception to the hearsay rule, resulting in admissibility of the statement unless there are multiple levels of hearsay, an expired statute of limitations or the usual need for a LEO to actually observe the commission of a misdemeanor (unlike felonies), among other exclusionary possibilities.
Huh?!
omg. Are you seriously my friend? :dribble:

You might want to rethink that :p

Okay, mine is a bit unique and I'm ready for the flaming: 145 loaded with wife at pillion. The circumstances were ideal for this sort of foolishness. In my defense, that was awhile ago and have not done it since...and we're still married.

I decided to see if I could hit 150 outside of Dodge City. Nice downhill slope, no cars on the highway in front of me for as far as I could see, so I just rolled the throttle WFO. 150mph came up quicker than I anticipated, and after that I don't think I've had her over 90mph more than once or twice. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Generally limit myself to the posted limit plus up to 30 over encountered in passing situations, so ~100mph. Have been a bit faster because the FJR accelerates with great alacrity. Got rid of the need for going faster and faste all the time about 45 years ago when I was young and invincible - invincible at least in my mind. Haven't done a track day yet but look forward to getting up into the 140 - 150 range to see how badly I can scare myself. I'm sure I can. Things happen very quickly at speed and I know even when I had decent reaction times they weren't quick enough to handle the shortened reaction times that come with high speed.

Prius does 80!!? Have to follow these slugs up the 2000' elevation gain on my hill at 35 tops..

I'm in the same category as "BigSky", was up to 145 on the Atlantic Cuty Expressway according to my garmin and was 2up fully loaded. I also had plenty of throttle left but common sense took over...

If I had ever run my bike up to an unsafe speed in the past, (let's say somewhere well north of a ton
unsure.png
) I'm sure that it would have been quite a rush. But I do not see the point of bragging on an internet forum about such exploits.

And I especially would not put down anyone else who is too responsible to participate in such death defying acts of "bravery". But that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had ever run my bike up to an unsafe speed in the past, (let's say somewhere well north of a ton :unsure: ) I'm sure that it would have been quite a rush. But I do not see the point of bragging on an internet forum about such exploits.
And I especially would not put down anyone else who is too responsible to participate in such death defying acts of "bravery". But that's just me.
It's not "What" he said. It's the "Way" he said it, Fred. You, right now said pretty much the same thing. It was smooth. Less aggressive. You can choose to use velvet, or you can choose sandpaper. You then will have to deal with how people react to your choice. My response was velvet. It could have been worse. I've totally embraced this kinder and gentler Forum atmosphere we are currently in. Me Likey! :D

I have ridden my FJR at least 130 mph on a closed track in a professional setting (New England Dragway) and I have to say that the speed was a non-issue for me. There was no bravery, no fear and no worry; dare I say that there was an element of fun? The FJR performed just as it should, dead completely stable, no drama, no glitches and offered confidence that it would remain that way as speed increased. The FJR was designed to go 150ish and remain solidly in control which it does -- on a good surface, with good tires and good maintenance. It's possible to make any speed unsafe, no matter how slow, but the FJR is there for you if you are smart about when/where/how you go fast.

Latest posts