SE Ohio Spring Ramble - 3-5 May 2013 - Marietta, Ohio Microtel Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be carefull Joe, I may put you in charge of communications.
Ray,

Would that be for the June ride?

P.S. I did hear back from Denny...he said that May is a little to far off to commit to attending the Ramble. He has been keeping an eye on this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. I did hear back from Denny...he said that May is a little to far off to commit to attending the Ramble. He has been keeping an eye on this thread
It wouldn't be a Ramble without Denny.

He's the one that shared all the good roads with everybody, including the road shown in that picture.

It wouldn't be a Ramble without Denny.

He's the one that shared all the good roads with everybody, including the road shown in that picture.
He does know the roads down there better than anyone else. It wouldn't be the same if he couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with him for a day ride sometime before the Ramble (early Spring).

I sure hope Denny can make it, we had a blast with him and Joe in August.

One thing I did learn in August about SE Ohio, the roads are even flatter and straighter to the West of the Interstate, but they pavement is much better!

One thing I did learn in August about SE Ohio, the roads are even flatter and straighter to the West of the Interstate, but they pavement is much better!
It's even flatter and straighter ON the Interstate...but I hear the pavement is good.

It's even flatter and straighter ON the Interstate...but I hear the pavement is good.
lol.gif

The 70-80 hour a week work situation has come to an end,so finally I have a little time to check in.

I hope to attend the 2013 ramble,but I'll have to wait until about March to have any idea where I will be at ramble time.Most likely possibilities are ...Ohio,West Virginia or California.It's been a long time since I've been to California (2008),so I'd really like to get back out there for awhile.If I'm around in the spring,I'd be happy to do any scouting that needs done.Last year's scouting led to three "new to me roads" that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise(thanks Mark),and a few more that I'll be watching for pavement upgrades.

Speaking of paving updates...I'll be checking into the ODOT region 10 site around March to see what paving projects are coming up...love that new pavement on an interstate flat road.
smile.png

Hope to see everyone in the new year.

<snip>...

I hope to attend the 2013 ramble,but I'll have to wait until about March to have any idea where I will be at ramble time.Most likely possibilities are ...Ohio,West Virginia or California.It's been a long time since I've been to California (2008),so I'd really like to get back out there for awhile...

It would be great to see you again Denny...hope your schedule allows. You going back to visit your old haunts in NorCal?

<snip>...

I hope to attend the 2013 ramble,but I'll have to wait until about March to have any idea where I will be at ramble time.Most likely possibilities are ...Ohio,West Virginia or California.It's been a long time since I've been to California (2008),so I'd really like to get back out there for awhile...

It would be great to see you again Denny...hope your schedule allows. You going back to visit your old haunts in NorCal?
Somewhat,hopefully San Jose this time,the last two times I was in the Santa Rosa area.I missed some roads that I really want to hit this time around...36,Senora Pass,King's Canyon,Palms to Pines to name just a few.

I like our roads for how tricky they can be,but I love California roads for the diverse and incredible scenery...mountains,redwoods,ocean views.

Wow! Just looked at the website. There's 18 people signed up. Looks like about four groups so far. Whatever group I'm in, we stop for Milkshakes. Just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Just looked at the website. There's 18 people signed up. Looks like about four groups do far. Whatever group I'm in, we stop for Milkshakes. Just sayin.
My group stops for good coffee/espresso. Starbucks mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
This is SE Ohio...good luck finding a Starbucks out in Appalacia.
Yeah that's a problamo. So I guess my group just won't stop, until the eyeballs are floating.
smile.png