SE Ohio Spring Ramble - 3-5 May 2013 - Marietta, Ohio Microtel Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Just looked at the website. There's 18 people signed up. Looks like about four groups do far. Whatever group I'm in, we stop for Milkshakes. Just sayin.
My group stops for good coffee/espresso. Starbucks mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
This is SE Ohio...good luck finding a Starbucks out in Appalacia.
Looks like the closest Starbucks to Marietta is in Athens, Oh...but there is a brewery

Art,

Maybe I can get my daughter to fill my thermos with espresso shots from Starbucks

Wow! Just looked at the website. There's 18 people signed up. Looks like about four groups do far. Whatever group I'm in, we stop for Milkshakes. Just sayin.
My group stops for good coffee/espresso. Starbucks mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
This is SE Ohio...good luck finding a Starbucks out in Appalacia.
Looks like the closest Starbucks to Marietta is in Athens, Oh...but there is a brewery

Art,

Maybe I can get my daughter to fill my thermos with espresso shots from Starbucks
Joe,

That's OK I'll figure something out. Thanks though.

Hello, all. I am new to the forum, but this Ramble interests me. I currently live in Southern Indiana, but I am originally from the Southeastern Ohio "prairie". Ido know a few good roads in the area. Yes, there is a Starbucks in Athens, my alma mater (Ohio University BSIT '86). Its a little early to comit but I will keep this one in check. Pick up my '13 Gen III in February end will be ready to ride for sure.

Wow! Just looked at the website. There's 18 people signed up. Looks like about four groups so far. Whatever group I'm in, we stop for Milkshakes. Just sayin.
hmmm, my group will probably be something like, "was that a starbucks?" or "was that a town?"

Hello, all. I am new to the forum, but this Ramble interests me. I currently live in Southern Indiana, but I am originally from the Southeastern Ohio "prairie". Ido know a few good roads in the area. Yes, there is a Starbucks in Athens, my alma mater (Ohio University BSIT '86). Its a little early to comit but I will keep this one in check. Pick up my '13 Gen III in February end will be ready to ride for sure.
Pack your bags and head on over - the Ramble is the best way to get your feet wet with the "FJR" thing - very informal - just show up and ride...

Wow! Just looked at the website. There's 18 people signed up. Looks like about four groups so far. Whatever group I'm in, we stop for Milkshakes. Just sayin.
hmmm, my group will probably be something like, "how did Art beat us to starbucks?" or "was that a town?"

Pack your bags and head on over - the Ramble is the best way to get your feet wet with the "FJR" thing - very informal - just show up and ride...
Fixed it for ya Wayne
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for race schedule to get posted. If there is no work travel and no race I am in
punk.gif

Ray, Ray.Ray,

"If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be like Christmas"

Get your cahonees out of hock, and stop making excuses.

I'll be there. If it dosen't rain..... If it's not too cold..... If the new squeeze lets me..... If there's no race that weekend..... If I can remember the date......

See you this weekend, if..............

Ray, Ray.Ray,

"If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be like Christmas"

Get your cahonees out of hock, and stop making excuses.

I'll be there. If it dosen't rain..... If it's not too cold..... If the new squeeze lets me..... If there's no race that weekend..... If I can remember the date......

See you this weekend, if..............
Oh crap Grey Ray i off his meds again

Here is a video from the ramble 2 years ago - the fast group. We left the saddle bags in the hotel room. Well sort of
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! You guys are killing me talking about the Ohio Ramble. It was the treat of my 2012 riding season riding Ohio with you guys, but that 1100 mile of slab in between ND and Ohio sucked. But, I’m not totally writing off the idea and still thinking about it.

Dang! You guys are killing me talking about the Ohio Ramble. It was the treat of my 2012 riding season riding Ohio with you guys, but that 1100 mile of slab in between ND and Ohio sucked. But, I’m not totally writing off the idea and still thinking about it.
For you, you're allowed the "trailer" exemption...

I second that. Besides, look out the window right now. I'm betting there's snow. You'll need this trip by the time it all melts...

I second that. Besides, look out the window right now. I'm betting there's snow. You'll need this trip by the time it all melts...
Yeah...at this point May seems like forever. Oh well...I guess I'll go out and shovel the snow again

I've got a bunch of work to do on the FJR to get it ready for next season and I can't get at it until the snow melts. So *I* might be hauling! I might actually have to bring down my little CBR.

It's a one day ride the FJR, not so much on the CBR.

Don't worry, I'll put on the 2 Bros can and remove the homemade silencer just for you guys.

I've got a bunch of work to do on the FJR to get it ready for next season and I can't get at it until the snow melts. So *I* might be hauling! I might actually have to bring down my little CBR.

It's a one day ride the FJR, not so much on the CBR.

Don't worry, I'll put on the 2 Bros can and remove the homemade silencer just for you guys.
Just a reminder...non-FJR riders bring the beer!

How about I tow it behind my FJR? Exempt?

Actually, now that I think about it, I won't be hauling the little bike down. I'd have to arrange a trailer (buddy has one), but theirs no way my Mazda would safely pull it even if it had a hitch.

Hum.. gonna have to do some pondering on this one.. the big issue with the FJR is I need to send the Ohlins away for a rebuild and theirs no telling the turn-around time on that. I guess I could do that after the Ramble.

... but the CBR on those long flat straight-aways of SE Ohio, all tucked in with the throttle pinned screaming along at near the speed limit... how do you spell fun!

How about I tow it behind my FJR? Exempt?

Actually, now that I think about it, I won't be hauling the little bike down. I'd have to arrange a trailer (buddy has one), but theirs no way my Mazda would safely pull it even if it had a hitch.

Hum.. gonna have to do some pondering on this one.. the big issue with the FJR is I need to send the Ohlins away for a rebuild and theirs no telling the turn-around time on that. I guess I could do that after the Ramble.

... but the CBR on those long flat straight-aways of SE Ohio, all tucked in with the throttle pinned screaming along at near the speed limit... how do you spell fun!
How the hell long does it take to rebuild an Ohlins? More than 4 months?? WTF?

My -707 is boxed and will be leaving for Fast Bike Industries (FBI) tonight. I will let you know what the turn around time turns out to be - timing and communication is everything. The biggest challenge for you will probably be the transit time over the border (other than the issue you have with access to storage to remove the shock, of course). I'll let you know how it goes.