SE Ohio / W Virginia RAMBLE 4/30-5/03 '15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not going to even bother downloading any routes. Sounds like you fudpuckers are going to be spending so much time dicking with GPS's I am just going to ride. To hillbilly hotdogs for a home wrecker.
bad.gif
Do you need a turn sheet?
I think I have one from 2008...
Nah. I don't even want that . I just want to ride my motorcy.............cle. (AG reference)

I am not going to even bother downloading any routes. Sounds like you fudpuckers are going to be spending so much time dicking with GPS's I am just going to ride. To hillbilly hotdogs for a home wrecker.
bad.gif
<smiling> You're probably right!

I like to fiddle with this stuff however, becomes a challange, and the more I do it, the better w BaseCamp I get, especially w all the assorted Gips in the mix.

On my other Forums, it's been a known fact (with this .gpx route making stuff)... "always please some, never all!".

On the Homewrecker; I think I would need a doggie bag (maybe grocery bag), but it sure would be fun hacking away at it!

AtHillbillyHotDogs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. Room booked (I think) and registered. Budweiser Clydesdales in Landrum, SC Wednesday night then to SEOWV Ramble Thursday-Roan Mtn, Tazewell, New River Gorge along the way.

I'm in. Room booked (I think) and registered. Budweiser Clydesdales in Landrum, SC Wednesday night then to SEOWV Ramble Thursday-Roan Mtn, Tazewell, New River Gorge along the way.
Jus checked, you're in on the attendee list :) Hope we don't have any of that frack'n noise stuff that you mentioned on the other post!

Sounds like an awesome trip-in, enjoy!! :)

bad.gif
Do you need a turn sheet?
I think I have one from 2008...
Nah. I don't even want that . I just want to ride my motorcy.............cle. (AG reference)
That's great! I'll follow you and enjoy the scenery. I love a slow ride.

The Room Block has expired, any late comers can still (maybe) get in. U can try online or calling. Just be preprared for a little higher stay tab. Nothing in comparison of the fun you'll miss out on if you don't show.

Exactly 2 weeks to date.... Man, it's been such a long winter I'll have to refresh my packing skillz

If you are looking for accuracy and want to force the correct route without Mr Zumo taking shortcuts then it is best to break the loop into various parts and when you get to the end of one section you just start the next route and away you go. As I stated before we have to do this on some of our GPS dirt bike rides and it works fine and most have made it back out of the woods without becoming dinner for the bears.
I was playing around doing some cutting and pasting and was able to break the SEO15 Crix & Creeks into 9 parts and got it to load into my Zumo. I think I can get it down to 8 sections but this means that you will only be able to load one day's ride in at a time since most Zumos only holds 15 routes at a time I believe. I have a chore to do for a friend right now but I will work on this later and will send a link when I massage it a bit.

I'm hoping I have this worked out so I don't have to split routes/loops up and still make everyone slappy-happy.. It's been many of hours experimenting with not only my GPS (which is easy) but, I also have been getting the routes to mold up to an old Nuvi that I have kicking around (no, it's not the one Bill left at my house eitha!)

SEO15 Coal Miner Alley SO 357mi (SO stands for Slab-Out on the route downward). It makes reaching these Devils Den's roads more possible and still keep within a day ride, and the drink later mentality.

(For me) it migrates to both of my GPS' with perfect road to route-line. But I would like to know for you guys, so if you could test it? that would be great! (zoom in, make sure it molds to your mapset? remember, I used CN North America NT 2015.40 build). I'm sure if you have the same mapset a myself, no problem!, but let's see how versitile we can get with this w my latest map-build to migrate to your GPS.

.... I have about a dozen loops that I want to get active and up on the website. Waiting on some outside testers....

Coal Miner Alley = 357 miles, file size is 1.48MB, ~70 via points, plus I dropped in gas stations and restaurants as POI's. (lol) One thing I've learned with my boys here, food is a close 2nd to riding, so don't backseat it for nut-tin!
smile.png

So....Madmudder (Tim) is rolling by my place at 8:30 - 9am on Friday, May 1. We were thinking crossing at Buffalo and riding thru Eden NY around 10 - 10:30 and connecting up with you Mike and Laura. It would be great ride in with you if you like. Would that work for you Mike? Anybody else want to connect up along the way?

So....Madmudder (Tim) is rolling by my place at 8:30 - 9am on Friday, May 1. We were thinking crossing at Buffalo and riding thru Eden NY around 10 - 10:30 and connecting up with you Mike and Laura. It would be great ride in with you if you like. Would that work for you Mike? Anybody else want to connect up along the way?
I never booked a room, as I started looking at the spring chores I have backing up on me. I thought I might not be able to get away that weekend. I have that Friday off (I booked that when I figured on definitely going). I'll have to really look at my list of crap to do and see if I can actually make this work. I want to. Of course, I haven't even touched the bike since I put it away in October. One of my chores is to clean the garage and unearth the FJR! If I go I'd be riding solos as Laura can't get that Friday off.

I'm planning on leaving Sudbury on Thurs. evening and spending the night somewhere around Hamilton. Which means I could be rolling through there around that time.

I've done the I90 - I79 trek WAY to many times, so I was looking at hopping on 62 and by-passing that boring bit kitty-corner.

So I finally got to the bike and as I suspected, the battery no longer had enough oomph to light it off. It's on the tender now, but the inspection runs out April 31 and I'm out of town all next week. Hoping to get it inspected next weekend, change oil, etc. We'll see....

Okay all you SEO Techno-Geekers, I've tweaked all the routes, and with no more input from the in-crowd (or out?)
wink.png

This is ALL the GPS Routes I have compiled (displayed all together at once). The Magenta ones are Ohio, the Blue is WV based roads. The download links however will be for each individual route/loop. Since I've made a lot of changes, I need to make all new preview images, get them uploaded to the site. I'd say this weekend?, but I already blew Fri & most of Sat on all the re-tweaking of these 10 or so routes. So, should be Monday. I'll post up when they are ready for d/load.

Everybody; enjoy this awesome weekend!
smile.png

Does NOT include last years 3 loops, I kept them as-is, and, they are already up on the website for d/load.

All%20Routes_zps9i3idgab.jpg

Which one is the hillbilly hot dogs route?
One of those magenta ones that dip to the lower left. Don't worry Bob, we got a home-wrecker preordered for ya... Pics needed. Maybe I'll be w u on that day n loop, then the stories will grow bigger than the home wrecker!....

Tentatively, I'm thinking I'm doing the SnowShoe loop Friday which stouts 400mi. and has just about everything. Then Sat, since I have to be back earlier to get ready for the parking lot shenanigans , I'm thinking the HillBilly Loop which is around 275.

My TomTom Rider is limited to only (I believe) 48 waypoints so I do not think I will try to download the routes since I would have to update each one. Instead, I will tag along with someone else who wants to rip some OH and WV roads.
smile.png