Tubular handlebar adaptor for FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, well, well! Doesn't that look interesting?
I like it...........

Z120Y087%5E1.jpg

Well now I am on my laptop and can still not find anything to post pictures. I have some very good pictures of some mods I have done and would love to share them. This is frustrating. Every other forum I have ever been on has simple picture posting options. Grrrrrrrrr.........

As described elsewhere (like here (read to the end), and here, and here) ... Note that Photobucket was a common photo host for our Forum, and everybody's Photobucket images disappeared a few months ago when they changed Terms of Service.

1) Picture MUST be hosted somewhere else on the internet; not on your hard drive.

2) URL for the picture MUST end in ".jpg". That means not ".jpeg".

3) When entering the picture into your post, click on the "Image" icon ... which says Image when you hover over it:

37477543551_29197bfee9_z.jpg

4) When the window opens, paste the image's URL in there and click OK.

5) TEST THIS OUT IN THE TEST SECTION OF THE FORUM, PLEASE. That's why we have that section. Try posting your photo and see what works and what fails. Depending on the photo sharing website you use, the URL may require significant editing to get it into the required format: https: / / w w w . photo_hoster . com / ThisIsMyPicture . jpg

To see how it's done, you can quote this post, and turn the editing bar's "light switch" on and off to see the codes. (The light switch is in the upper left hand corner.)

The editing menu clip above is an image posted from Flickr. A photo of me is provided below so you can examine the photo posting codes. Quote this post and flip the light switch as described above.

51a3b6e7e98d8110b87584c8e50b4c7d--photo-editor-online-girls-on-bikes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride my DR 650 almost exclusively all summer so my FJR sits for months sometime. The DR 'dirt bike' bars are very comfortable and when I switch back to the FJR when the weather gets colder, I pretty much hate the bars for a couple weeks until I re-adapt to them. And that is with an MV riser installed. I think I'd really like a Renthal CR high 'Fat Bar' on my Feejer but me thinks it may need longer lines and it would turn into a bigger project than I'd like.

I'm very interested in this as well, it's nice to be able to adjust and nudge things by changing out the handlebars.
I have a 2011 Gen 2, and so far, I've only seen Gen 1 and Gen 3 solutions.

More research is required.

Z120Y087%5E1.jpg

I am giving this combination a try. Cost is $452, but it will move the bars about 2 inches higher and back up to 2 inches than I currently have with a MCL riser plate.

they bars I selected will be about 1/2" narrower than I currently have. I may have to redo some brake lines. There are plenty of choices out there for pretty reasonable prices. I'll wait to see on that though. I may have to get longer throttle cables, but those can be made custom for reasonable prices.

SW Mototech Vario barback 22mm to 28mm converter 50-60mm handlebar risers are black

ABM Superbike Fat bar handlebars Medium (0429pattern) 28 mm fat bars in black

Yamaha FJR 1300 2001-12 ABM billet top yoke handle bar with 180 gm bar ends bar ends are black, top plate is clear ALU

The editing menu clip above is an image posted from Flickr. A photo of me is provided below so you can examine the photo posting codes. Quote this post and flip the light switch as described above.

So the transition went well, I see. I guess this is the real reason you couldn't make it up for the GaTech-Clemson game. :)

I too am very interested in seeing the results of your experiment, thanks for "taking one for the team"

I am giving this combination a try. Cost is $452, but it will move the bars about 2 inches higher and back up to 2 inches than I currently have with a MCL riser plate.
they bars I selected will be about 1/2" narrower than I currently have. I may have to redo some brake lines. There are plenty of choices out there for pretty reasonable prices. I'll wait to see on that though. I may have to get longer throttle cables, but those can be made custom for reasonable prices.

SW Mototech Vario barback 22mm to 28mm converter 50-60mm handlebar risers are black

Yamaha FJR 1300 2001-12 ABM billet top yoke handle bar with 180 gm bar ends bar ends are black, top plate is clear ALU

So the transition went well, I see. I guess this is the real reason you couldn't make it up for the GaTech-Clemson game.
smile.png
Yeah, that road would be a really rough ride.......

I too am very interested in seeing the results of your experiment, thanks for "taking one for the team"

Count me interested too!

Well well well.. how about 2001-2012 models?? Non-ES, but I'm okay with that. At $230, I'm going to look a this very seriously.
https://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=211-11284-2nd

[img=[URL="https://www.bikermart.co.uk/prodimages/fjr1300-06-12-top-yoke-conversion-l.jpg%5D"]https://www.bikermart.co.uk/prodimages/fjr1300-06-12-top-yoke-conversion-l.jpg][/URL]
I like this piece.