Tubular handlebar adaptor for FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finished my 7/8" handlebar conversion using my custom made plate. However I still cannot figure out how to post a picture of it on this site. Therefore I am not going to continue on this site. It's been interesting but I give up. Thanks for allowing me to play for the last two months.

Well I finished my 7/8" handlebar conversion using my custom made plate. However I still cannot figure out how to post a picture of it on this site. Therefore I am not going to continue on this site. It's been interesting but I give up. Thanks for allowing me to play for the last two months.
Where/which site are you going to post the pics and details?

...However I still cannot figure out how to post a picture of it on this site. Therefore I am not going to continue on this site. It's been interesting but I give up...
It isn't exactly rocket science, just some really simple computer science.

No direct upload possible - forum doesn't host photos and never did (for reasons that may or may not make sense to you).

Posting a jpeg, hosted using one of at least a half dozen free internet hosting sites, is trivial.

Hint: Try it using Chrome instead of Internet Explorer (but even that can work perfectly well).

Perhaps you should read a photo posting "how to" from this site or ask for specific help (if you care and really want to do it).

Otherwise, "C'ya"

Photo assist

q2Lfnm.jpg

zn3bNV.jpg

wnOp2a.jpg

HaEmLg.jpg

OP adds - I made the plate out of 3/8" aluminum plate. The handlebar adaptor is a Storz adaptor for a Kawasaki C-10.

-Steve

Thanks Sapest, he went them to me as well but I can't get Smugmug to work on my Kindle Fire.

Helping each other is what this site has always been about, we need to lose the "Snark" and just help each other out.

Since I switched to vgy.me, I find hosting/posting process to be fairly easy. (The link copy/paste shortcut in vgy.me doesn't work right (at least on an iPad), but once I learned that, no problem since.)

Happy to give back when I can.

-Steve

Glad to see this excellent addition to the extensive volume of great and useful info on this forum, thanks for sharing your work FJRJIM.

Nice work everyone!

@FJR JIM - Looks like quite a bit of height difference from stock bar position with all the spacers / adapters. Any changes needed to cables and hydraulic hoses?

--G

Had to do a little rerouting of the throttle cables and repositioning of the brake and clutch hoses.

I was actually trying to assist with the image hosting/posting issues earlier today, and I couldn't post any images. No matter if I used a PNG file or a JPG, I kept getting an error that files of that type are not allowed. Weird. I finally write it off as a quirk and gave up.

.jpg or .jpeg ?

The former is allowed, the latter not - even though they may be identical!

Otherwise, I have no idea why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though too cobbled together looking for me but it looks a lot more comfortable. Kudos for the innovation!

.jpg or .jpeg ?
The former is allowed, the latter not - even though they may be identical!

Otherwise, I have no idea why.
That's the odd thing, it was PNG files, and then JPG files, and the page wouldn't accept either one.

I've posted images before, so I figured it was a temporary hiccup and walked away.

This is one of the images that I couldn't post yesterday, a PNG file. Go figure.

trash.png

Bye.

Sorry you gave up so quickly, and sorry you decided quitting was easier than trying to understand my post 6 or 8 entries above. Also sorry you didnt PM me and ask for mentoring assistance, or simply send me the photo so I could post it for you.

Always funny that somehow it is our fault.

(Fucking iPhone wont post apostrophes. Maybe Ill quit, too.)

Ok I get the message. Will be logging out and deleting the app on my phone ASAP. Thanks

Bye.
Sorry you gave up so quickly, and sorry you decided quitting was easier than trying to understand my post 6 or 8 entries above. Also sorry you didnt PM me and ask for mentoring assistance, or simply send me the photo so I could post it for you.

Always funny that somehow it is our fault.

(Fucking iPhone wont post apostrophes. Maybe Ill quit, too.)
Not sure I would ask you either with a response like this...

FJR Jim, I hope you stay around. Lot's of good info, and your posting here and the discussion inspired me to order parts and give it a try too. Mine get delivered next week. But it will be a few weeks before I get a chance to work on the install.

I think the bigger issue is knowing WHO to ask for help when you're new here. I wouldn't have known, other than posting a general HELP question.

I was helpful, guys: post #22 in this very thread. I thought it was helpful when I posted it, and still think it's helpful. (Wonder if FJR JIM read it?)

If the instructions weren't clear, I'd have expected a follow-up post saying, "Uhh, what?", or a PM to me asking for clarification.

Who to ask, FTL900? Ask the general population, or maybe ask the person who seems to be most involved in the conversation or who posted the stuff that's confusing. Of course, self-starters avail themselves of our Advanced Search feature and read from the thousands of valuable threads on this website, including posts that explain how to insert photos. (Brief instructions for Advanced Search are here.)

Hey, it's a free country. If FJR JIM wants to quit because it's too hard to post photos, he has the right to do so. Apparently, he made that decision even after sapest posted the photos for him.

(PS: Thanks, sapest. I've done the photo assist a few times myself, and would have done it again if URLs had been posted, or if photos had been offered or links posted.)