Beemerdons Travel Schedule for 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I made a laminated print of our friend Don Stanley/beemerdons so he could come along on the Death Valley trip as originally planned but just in a different way. He rode with me the whole time and got to visit with friends at the Longstreet for dinner. I know he was planning on attending various gatherings this year and I'd like to send him someone for whatever the next event will be. Jeff/FJRguy has offered to give him a lift to CFR in June but I'm wondering if there isn't something before that. Please post up here and I'll try to make a list of events and who will be the carrier to each one. Thanks all!!
cool.png

NOTE: The screen name in parentheses is who I'm proposing will be responsible for receiving Don and then getting him to his next destination in time.

April 9 - Moonshine Lunch Run (airboss)

April 14-23 - LKLD/Marie ride (LKLD)

April 29-30 - Tech Day in Owosso (extrememarine)

May 7 - Mad River (gregory)

May 12-15 - Ohio Ramble (extrememarine)

June 10-12 - CFR (FJRGuy)

June 23-26 – Red Lodge (BigJohnSD and AbercrombieFJR)

June - Gurock 3-week tour (coordinate with FJRGuy or BigJohnSD/Abercrombie so he can attend all?)

July 28-31 - NAFO (extrememarine)

Sept 16-1- CFO (CraigRegs)

Sept 23-25 - EOM (extrememarine

IMG_5016-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler, what a wonderful idea! I have a trip coming up next month with Marie, and would love to take Papa Chuy along. Could you pm that photo to me?

How can you afford all the Irish whiskey he requires?

He'd get a good laugh and a big grin over the kind thing you are doing.

Tyler, what a wonderful idea! I have a trip coming up next month with Marie, and would love to take Papa Chuy along. Could you pm that photo to me?
+1

Don and I talked about Moonshine last time I saw him,

Be happy to have him ride along.

Perhaps we could start a thread titled "BeemerDonS goes to..." and then whoever takes him along to an event or on a ride can add their photos and words that thread. We could track his entire riding season in one easy place that way. Just a thought.

Tyler, hopefully your laminated pic will have better luck than the "Dammit Don Doll" that AZBeemers would send on trips in the absence of Don after his dirt accident. Every time they took it along, it would either rain or someone would break down. That damn, dammit doll was cursed. We all got a huge laugh out of the stories.

Billie Fitz knows all about Dammit Don!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler, that's pretty cool. I never met Don, but read all about him over the years on the forum. It amazed me the outpouring of support for him both after his dirt bike accident and then when he passed. I'm going on an across America three week tour in June and I'm thinking that I should print one of his pics from the forum and take a picture of it on my bike at the top of a beautiful mountain, maybe next to an airline bottle of Jameson.

I'm sure he would love to revisit the Mad River Burger Bar in May, It's kind of close to SE Ohio Ramble though. I guess we could mail him from the Mad River P.O

Tyler, hopefully your laminated pic will have better luck than the "Dammit Don Doll" that AZBeemers would send on trips in the absence of Don after his dirt accident. Every time they took it along, it would either rain or someone would break down. That damn, dammit doll was cursed. We all got a huge laugh out of the stories.Billie Fitz knows all about Dammit Don!
Ah yes I'd heard many stories of the Dammin Don Doll and the havoc that it wreaked... :lol: Hopefully, a photo of Don and Dolly won't create the same thing...

So far, here is what I've got... thought it would be fun for folks to sign the back of it before sending it on? Hope there will be enough room! Or maybe a guest book (thanks for the suggestion, FJRGuy)? I could get one and send it with the photo... that might be better. I'll also update the first post in this thread so Don's schedule is easy to find. I'll also start a separate thread for photos of when folks get together with Don... B)

NOTE: The screen name in parentheses is who I'm proposing will be responsible for receiving Don and then getting him to his next destination in time.

April ?? - LKLD/Marie ride (LKLD)

June - Gurock 3-week tour (coordinate with FJRGuy so he can be at both?)

Tyler, hopefully your laminated pic will have better luck than the "Dammit Don Doll" that AZBeemers would send on trips in the absence of Don after his dirt accident. Every time they took it along, it would either rain or someone would break down. That damn, dammit doll was cursed. We all got a huge laugh out of the stories.

Billie Fitz knows all about Dammit Don!
Ah yes I'd heard many stories of the Dammin Don Doll and the havoc that it wreaked...
laugh.png
Hopefully, a photo of Don and Dolly won't create the same thing...

So far, here is what I've got... thought it would be fun for folks to sign the back of it before sending it on? Hope there will be enough room! Or maybe a guest book (thanks for the suggestion, FJRGuy)? I could get one and send it with the photo... that might be better. I'll also update the first post in this thread so Don's schedule is easy to find. I'll also start a separate thread for photos of when folks get together with Don...
cool.png

April ?? - LKLD/Marie ride (LKLD)

June - Gurock 3-week tour (coordinate with FJRGuy so he can be at both?)
BigJohnSD and I will be at CFR. We could make sure Don makes it to Red Lodge two weeks later. Don had planned on attending BigJohnSD's 2016 Red Lodge Rendezvous! June 23-26th the Schnizel!

Tyler, Marie and I are leaving 4/14 and plan on returning 4/23.
Updated in the first post. Airboss will have to move quickly to get him to you before you leave! :)
It's just Marie and I, not a organized event, so maybe it would be best to skip us, so as to not have to rush Papa Chuy around. Or, maybe pm his photo to me, and I could take him with us that way. Either way, I'm good with it. :)

Latest posts