2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like nice evolutionary improvements to address problems with the current bikes. Bravo Yamaha. Evolutionary improvements is something that has been missing in this category - the mfgs tend to leave stuff the same until it gets incredibly stale. This is great.

Only thing I'm not wild about is the integrated brakes.

- Mark

Kinda thin on the Yammy site, eh?

Maybe on the 28th they'll announce no PDP as well as the new price. Bet it's up a bunch.

Any reasoning as to why they extended the swingarm/wheelbase? Should this help increase safe loaded capacity (top & side cases)

Mirrors appear new/different. Windshield is claimed to be higher and closer to rider, so they went +2 (again!) and added a tuning block, LOL. . . . .

For Sale - one lightly used 04 FJR 1300...only ridden on Sunday's in nice weather :D

The new '06 looks good, adjustable this and that, better air flow and heat control, integrated brakes & ABS, this is bad, bad news for the bank account.

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...0/features.aspx

For your viewing pleasure :ph34r:

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I kept my stock shock. Yeah, farkles don't seem to increase resale any.

That's why I was wondering about suspension changes. If they went to an inverted fork, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the rear, too.

Even if they changed the rear shock Rocket, I HIGHLY doubt it would be of the quality or performance of the Wilbers....

I like the sound of an integrated gear indicator but, happily, I think I can live without one. Sure glad it wasn't red.

As Toecutter said: "Sure glad it wasn't red."

Although, I don't think that I like the sort of "automotive" looking mirrors. All the other "factory farkles" seem right on the money.

Cheers,

Jim

I like the new one so much that I was going to put my o5 up for sale with only 450 miles on it but I'm not pleased with the weight going up by 40 pounds. Perhaps this bike will be more like the ST, leaning toward the touring comfort side of the spectrum and away from the sport side? It will be interesting to see what these will be priced at and when they will be available? It looks to me like Yamaha milked the public with those late reserved orders on the 05's for all they could before releasing this bike. Bastards!! :beee:

Mama Yama site says: "..adjustable seat, handlebars,windscreen, and MIDDLE FAIRING." I can't wait to see what that is all about. Maybe vents to open and close like the '83 Vision.

While it looks good, and appears to have a host of improvements, I wouldn't get too carried away 'till some real world measurements are taken. Looks like the Honda Nissin calipers up front, no doubt their integrated system came along for the ride. That blows. Now the tank and wrap around rear shield, that looks interesting.

Ooh, damn. I think I want... No- wait for it:

These and other revisions have resulted in the FJR gaining several pounds, perhaps as many as 40 if the advance spec chart is accurate. Chassis-wise, rake and trail remain status quo but a longer swingarm contributes to its wheelbase jumping nearly a half-inch in length to 61.0 inches.
F*** that noise. I didn't see where they did anything that should make it heavier.

More info on Yamaha Canada's site:

Visible /noted changes:

• Luggage Rack
  • Seat
  • Fairing
  • Mirrors
  • Front calipers
  • Handlebars
Still a 5-speed, for those who wanted a 6. Sorry, guys. Wonder what "Adjustable" means, and if they can be retro-fit to the earlier models? That and maybe the mirrors (if they include integrated turn signals) are interesting.
Otherwise, if it's really 40 pounds heavier and thus pushing 700 pounds, the engineers have lost focus. If it was 40 pounds *lighter*, I'd sell my '05 tomorrow.

Wondering if the new plastic would fit an '05?

Cost a fortune though, my heat fix was under $50.

A least they didn't put a 6 speed gear box on it :D

BugR