2008 Fueling issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey HendR1ck

From what ai have read here you have received a lot of good and helpful information regarding your FJR's problem.

So why cop an attitude and why did you find it necessary to post negative comments about THIS forum on another forum?

IMHO I think you have more problems than your FJR.

OK; I have to agree.

I am in-charge of over 80 military personnel and in the last few months, I have had to send quite a few of them and the equipment to support them, to some kinda messed up places. They are like my sons and daughters to me, and to say I am stressed out would not really cover it. Doesnt make what I said here right, but it sure was a big contributer!

Some of the things a few of you said, I took the wrong way and over-reacted.

I am sorry guys, at my age (41) I should have not conducted myself this way.

I do appreciate the helpful info I have recieved and will "Shut up and color" as we say.

It takes a big man to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong. Especially in the context of this thread.

It's also damn near impossible to hold a grudge against someone who admits he was wrong and issues a sincere apology.

Glad to have you back. Welcome to the Forum. :)

....I do appreciate the helpful info I have recieved and will "Shut up and color" as we say.
Good to hear. Welcome back and looking forward to your contributions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, me three. I think someone willing to make an earnest apology like that must have some redeeming values, and is well worth our time. :thumbsup: I think we can all appreciate what your kind of stress can do to a person.

And because I don't think many of us has said so: Welcome to the forum!!

I think you'll come to realize (in time) that it's a pretty great place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very glad it worked out this way. I read and re-read this whole thread trying to see where it all went wrong and it sure got confusing. I lurked on this forum on and off for several years before I finally decided to join based on the quality of information and how much you guys seemed to enjoy this place. The guy in charge of my Honda ST forum, Joe Zulaski recommended this forum and Warchild in particular, I am very happy he did.

It takes a big man to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong. Especially in the context of this thread.

It's also damn near impossible to hold a grudge against someone who admits he was wrong and issues a sincere apology.

Glad to have you back. Welcome to the Forum. :)

Certainly can't argue with that.

Welcome, enjoy the forum and all it has to offer.

OK; I have to agree.

I am in-charge of over 80 military personnel and in the last few months, I have had to send quite a few of them and the equipment to support them, to some kinda messed up places...

I do appreciate the helpful info I have recieved and will "Shut up and color" as we say.

In any case, THANK YOU for Your Service... it is not easy to do these very important tasks that is so important to US and others around the world.

When you come here to this forum... make it your Fun Place to escape for your Fun Machine.

Many Happy Miles & Smiles to you!

I am very glad it worked out this way. I read and re-read this whole thread trying to see where it all went wrong and it sure got confusing. I lurked on this forum on and off for several years before I finally decided to join based on the quality of information and how much you guys seemed to enjoy this place. The guy in charge of my Honda ST forum, Joe Zulaski recommended this forum and Warchild in particular, I am very happy he did.
you were referred by CuZ? did he do it in under 100 pages? :D

Thanks all; you could have easily told me to piss off.

So thanks again for the info!
Naaaaaaa...we woulda dog piled you before we just let you go in peace. However, since you seem to have had a good reason for being short, we will forego the pile. It saddens me, but its the right thing to do.

So, I retract my earlier DB comment. I think you'll be fine here.

Thanks all; you could have easily told me to piss off.

So thanks again for the info!
Well, I guess you didn't exactly ruin the reputation of those of us in the AF. Just kidding. I also did the BJ Mod and went from 10 to 17 on all my cylinders after adding pipes and I didn't really notice any difference but I left it at 17. A bit smoother midrange response.

I have to say that my 08 runs great and absolutely has no issues cruising or pulling cleanly away in gear at 1500+ rpm... I'm usually in 5th gear by 35mph when cruising through the city. Or is it base?