• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 Yamaha FJR 1300AE Properly Farkled (Lots of Pics)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
Was hoping this was gonna be a bike I would keep for along time but after riding it for awhile I have decided to part with it. I for the life of me cannot get comfortable on this bike and have thrown to much money at it to keep going and trying. This bike has about every imaginable farkle ever needed for this bike. This is the cleanest FJR AE you will ever find. Not a even a scratch on it that I can find. Will consider partial trade of a VStrom plus cash or straight across for the right one. Will also consider Tenere and I can bring is some cash for the right one and right deal Only thing I haven't done was a fuse block. Was planning on it but haven't owned it long enough. But here is a list of things that come with the bike. Amazing bike... Also willing to sell bike at cheaper price if you don't mind loosing some of the extras...

Asking Price is $8200 all in
22k miles

1_zpsc54aa901.jpg

13_zps451fae71.jpg

Ohlins Rear Suspension with Remote reservoir

16_zps7b8c9bbd.jpg

15_zps913377ef.jpg

GP Front suspension

18_zps4c6d2a74.jpg

Garmin Zumo 660 on Touratech Mount and Ram Bones mount

9_zpsd4df29eb.jpg

Clearwater Kristy LED lights

24_zps4d8737b8.jpg

22_zpscfebcbef.jpg

Givi E55 Trunk mounted on Givi SR 357 mount

12_zps030b4b45.jpg

MCL Triples with risers

9_zpsd4df29eb.jpg

MCL Brake reservoir mount
MCL Drivers Peg lowering bracket
Pazzo brake lever
Omni Cruise
Cramp buster
Grip Puppies

7_zps4e1cabd7.jpg

6_zpscfd1aab8.jpg

Sargent Seats driver and passenger

14_zps2518b384.jpg

Fenda extender

5_zps40aa7238.jpg

3 Windshields

178e087c-e7a5-4635-be92-62bafe88ab7c_zpsf3379c7f.jpg

25_zps23556c2b.jpg

Headlight guards

3_zps1f7c1d01.jpg

23_zps14541645.jpg

Radiator bug guard

20_zpscea12dbf.jpg

Garauld Trooper mod for exhaust tips. Great sound

11_zps383e0143.jpg

10_zps56c3f607.jpg

Frame Sliders

21_zpsc6f33128.jpg

Call or Text Dave for more information at 4three5 7six7 870six

Tell me about that radiator guard. Is that a DIY made guard or something you purchased for it?

It's a nice looking bike! GLWS!

The guy I bought the FJR from use to have a side business making these and selling them for different bikes. Held on by 3m Dual lock and the guard is made from some type of plastic that doesn't melt or keep the air from flowing good. Great bug shield.... He is retired and doesn't make them anymore. Says he has had a few people that were previous customers contact him to make more but he said in the economy nowadays it's not worth his time. Parts have gone up to much I guess..

Oh ya I forgot it has the salamder bar end weights also..

Nice bike and the suspension and other upgrades really up the ante on this one. The reason I'm not buying this is sitting right next to me watching the Pirates in their first post-season playoff since we were kids.

Very nice bike and a good deal for someone. Great selection of farkles too, I'll say. The GP suspension is worth 2 grand alone. I even kind of like the ghost flame job on the side bags over the dark gray paint of the AE, and I'm usually not partial to those sort of things.

If someone is considering ever wanting an AE, you aren't going to do much better than this one, and they may never bring them back to the US in the future.

The previous owner did the ghost flames. He claims they will rub off but I didn't want to test that theory. At first when I saw them in photo's I didn't really care for them. After seeing it in person I actually liked it. It kinda makes the bike stand out from the crowd. This is an incredible bike and I think anyone would be hard pressed to find one in this good of condition. This thing is literally in immaculate condition... I wouldn't hesitate to jump on it and ride it anywhere...

$7200. Zumo GPS no longer available.. So I dropped my price accordingly plus a little extra. Lets move this bike... You won't find a nicer AE out there...

Great price for a well farkled (and well kept) low-mileage bike. An AE has some appeal to me - I have reduced mobility with my left hand and if some (as yet, unscheduled) upcoming surgery doesn't fix things, I may be considering an auto-clutch bike. I suspect this one will be gone long before then.

In the meantime, here's a "bump" for your listing and good luck!

I would make an even sweeter deal if someone twisted my arm and didn't need the Givi Top case and Givi SR 357 mount bracket. Say right around the $6200 mark... That's dirt cheap for this bike..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, you're killing me here! I've got a Givi rack and top case and even a black insert for it! Too bad I couldn't get anything for my bike on a local sale. Near the end of riding season around here and 100,000+ miles. I expect you will sell it quickly. If you can wait until spring, you'll probably get more for it! Again, good luck with the sale.