2008 yamaha raider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas transit

Reaction score
I'm not a cruiser guy BUT the new raider is going to be pretty appealing to a lot of people. Seems kind of funny to me though that they would bump up to 113 on it and the warrior stays at 102???

Very nice IMO. I'm gonna take a look at one. I've never owned a thumper and have only ridden 3 or 4 of them.

I'm not a cruiser guy BUT the new raider is going to be pretty appealing to a lot of people. Seems kind of funny to me though that they would bump up to 113 on it and the warrior stays at 102???
Yamaha's entire cruiser offering is a random mess in dire need of an identity consolidation and makeover. They tried WAY too hard to be a Swiss Army Knife and the whole segment got blurred in the process. They got envious of Honda's success in the late 90's with the retro-look Shadow line and tried an all out assault but I think the moment for the market has mostly passed anyway and they should consolidate down to fewer models with more options for each.

My .02

I think they've got a great drivetrain in the 113ci . I traded a 'liner in on the feejer. I agree with raybans' thing on their identity. They should put the 113ci in the Venture and offer a stratoliner, do away with the roadliner. Either offer a 1300 or an 1100 but not both, too much in one segment there. And offer a turbo'ed 113 for the warrior that should do away the the Vrod... oops that another story :D

The 650 star is a great mid-size bike because it sits and sounds big.

If the 'liners weren't so antiqued, with the chrome stripes and madonna lamps they'd be more desirable to customers' bcause it's be like starting with a blank canvas IMO.

Latest posts