2013 Hooterville/Arkansas - October 3-6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0Face

Reaction score
October 3-6 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) Hooterville and Arkansas ride.

Like last year we will be doing a lot of Missouri AND Arkansas roads!

• Thursday: Get to Hooterville/Farmington, MO. Since the consensus was the Super 8 has gotten too dumpy, I was able to negotiate a group rate of $87 at the Holiday Inn Express (its right behind the Super 8). Use the group code FJR1300. They will drop the room block three weeks out. You can cancel up to the day before.
  • Thursday night Dinner will be at the Catfish Kettle across the street at 7:00pm.
  • Holiday Inn Express

850 Market Street

Farmington, MO 63640

(573) 701-0505
  • Friday: Run the Wicked roads down to Clinton, AR (the long way, about 400 miles).

FarmtoClintWITHPush_zps754f680e.jpg

• I was able to get the same group rate as last year at the Best Western Hillside Inn (same place as least year) of $67.99. All you have to do is call and use the group code FJR1300. You can cancel by 4pm day of.
  • Best Western Hillside Inn

1025 Highway 65 B US

Clinton, Arkansas 72031

(501) 745-4700
  • Saturday: Run the awesome roads of Northern AR (400-500 miles, you’ll be able to cut it short if you want to and I'll post longer & shorter routes).
400_zps5ab6ac91.jpg

• Dropbox Map Link. All the route files (in GDB, GPX, S&T) are there for downloading, even some JPEG's too. Be sure to verify them. I'll be able to highlight paper maps for you too.
  • Sunday: Blast home (or stay an extra day for more fun and blast home on Monday).

As always, there are no frills, no prizes, and no award banquets, just parking lot BS, a few cigars, some beer, and chow. Oh yeah… a ton of riding and If we’re lucky Smitty griff will bring TripperMike’s salty nuts with him.

Riders going:

0face/Marty

WheatonFJR/Mark

griff/Carl

Petey

Airboss

ShowMeMo

McFly

Smitty & his nuts

David Foley

zzzzip

6pk2go

FJRMGM

Hollywoodgt

Maybe:

SwollenRaccoon

CraigRegs

builderwill

Abercrombie FJR

Old Guy

rydtym

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like if I commit, I usually have to back out.
weirdsmiley.gif

I had to bail out last year, so forgit about it. No way I am going this time. This or SW-FOG. Or CFO. Absoulutley not.

OK, put me down for a maybe.
fool.gif

Marty - You forgot that Mike's nuts went with me to Indiana. Smitty will have to bring some other nuts. I'm in on this.

hmmmm. Birthday weekend. Open weekend for archery. or order another set of tires.

500 miles seems like an awful long way to ride in one day...

tires ordered...

hmmmm. Birthday weekend. Open weekend for archery. or order another set of tires.

tires ordered...

Marty - You forgot that Mike's nuts went with me to Indiana. Smitty will have to bring some other nuts. I'm in on this.

My salty nuts for your cargo net?

I'll be good to go by then.
So, am I counting you guys in?

Where's Airboss? He's usually on these like white on rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be an affirmative Sir, gotta make it to Ark. one of these yrs.

And thanx for switching up the motels in Farmington. That place went south, not what it was like the year before.

Marty,

Looks like fun. I'll keep me eyes on this, can't comit, but Want to.
It's a long way for you to go, but I'll probably stick around an extra day or two. It might make it worth the ride if you spend some extra time there.

tires ordered...

My salty nuts for your cargo net?

I'll be good to go by then.
So, am I counting you guys in?

Where's Airboss? He's usually on these like white on rice.
IN!

Sorry I'm late.

Had to battle a blizzard to Hannibal and back. 6 hour round trip took 12.

I knew you were out there!

Damn, it snowed all around us, but we got mostly rain. 15 inches of snow in Madison.