2015 Hooterville 400 10th anniversary gathering Oct. 1-4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Hello boys and girls. I will be hosting the 2015 Hooterville 400 this year. Would like to thank the guys who have kept this going over the years.

Here is the plan...

Oct 1st,

Thursday is Tech day if your a early bird. If you want to arrive sometime Thursday, my shop will be open at 10:00am.

If tires are needed, just ship them here, and I will be happy to mount and balance them for you. Just put $2.00 per tire in the tire can for disposal.

If you need quick oil/final drive service...TBS, Your welcome to do that here too.

Any other light job is fine with me. I will be happy to to help, do, or just provide tools.

Pizza is on the menu at the shop on Thursday evening or we can go out...

Oct 2nd,

Friday, Ride day, I will lay out a route. Follow it or go on your own... It is up to you..

BBQ at my house. It will be simple. Brat's, dogs, and sides. Or on your own..

Oct 3rd. 10th annual

Hooterville 400

I will lay out route close to 400 miles. It will be a full day of fun twisty roads. Or you can ride on your own...

On Saturday's ride, we will hit some old favorites, Bixby Country Store, Big D's, Dog-N-Sud's and more..

Dinner at the new and improved Catfish Kettle. New owners, and much better.

Oct. 4th.

Head for home, or ride. Your on your own.

----------------------------------------------------

Lodging...

I will check with the local Super 8 in Bonne Terre, Mo. and other lodging in the Farmington area for rates. If there is lodging the regulars have used and like before, please PM me. If some are below nice standards, I will find others.

Will post my finds later.

This is just a get together, no pressure, just relax, ride and enjoy.

Just remember, if you crash you are a long way from home. Ride your own ride, make clean passes, and use good judgment.

If I missed something, please chime in.

Thanks Smitty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked out several rooms at the Super 8 in Bonne Terre. The rooms where very clean, and i would take my wife there... Unless your a "High End" hotel guy, I think everyone would be happy here. They have plenty of room right now, so book away. They have a 4pm day of.. cancellation policy that is great.

I asked about rate's, and they offered 10% discount. The funny part, it is the same as the online rate. She said the down side to booking online is they charge you when you book. So take that with a grain of salt... I think it is a very nice room for the money.. But you can stay elsewhere if you like. PM me or search Farmingtom for more choices. Farmington is about 10 miles south.

They have 40 room, 19 non-smoking...

Here's the info..

Tell them your here for the Hooterville 400... Kelly is the lady I spoke with...

Super 8

#8 Northwood drive

Bonne Terre, Mo. 63628

573-358-5888

Single only $53.89 plus tax

Double only $59.29 plus tax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendance list..

Smitty141

Dakar Darrell

EBO....... my favorite nephew

NO Wheetie... So sad!!

Griff

OFace

zzzip

Kballowe

Petey

Tango Sierra

Abercrombie FJR

Prestone

Liquid Silver

Cav47

Allen_C

Uncle Hud

BlacknWhite23

MrZappo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be in for this one. Been down there only twice for Hooterville, but I just thoroughly enjoy riding the area.

Just remember, if you crash you are a long way from home.
....tell me about it.
uhhuh.gif

I'm seeing $56+ tax at the Super 8 in Bonne Terre. Is it alright or a dump?
That's where most have stayed in the past when I was the host. I will go there tomorrow and check out the rooms. Any of the regulars stayed there in the past want to comment?? How was it last time??

I know the owners, I will look at a few rooms, and see if I can get a "deal"... It would be nice for everyone to stay there. But if it is a dump, looks like Farmington would be best. I will also go to Farmington and check out there rooms also.

Smitty

wow, smitty, 10 years already?

It would be great if some how, some way you could make it my friend...

Smitty

It seems that a few times we couldn't get into the Super 8 in Bonne Terre and stayed at the Super 8 in Farmington - now that one is a dump. The last time I stayed in the Bonne Terre Super 8 it was ok. Marty - not the Holiday Express though.
smile.png

Hooterville?
dribble.gif
dribble.gif
It is just south of Petticoat junction...

Or Bonne Terre, Mo.
Wheatie brought me up to speed on where you are. After riding across AR16 on my way home from EOM last fall I now know why you boys like that part of the world on two wheels. They have Supermoto written all over them.

I googled up and it's just a click under 2,000 miles each way-damnit! The KTM is a great bike but not a long distance mule by any means.

I would really like to meet you Smitty but it may just be a pipe dream to get there this year. Who knows-never say never!