2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
XS1100 Yamaha - Brave soul riding that motorcycle.
I think I can hear the butterfly's in the stomachs from here.
Maybe ... I managed an SS1000 on my 1977 XS750. The ride was not without drama, none of which had anything to do with the bike which ran flawlessly.

The 1100 is a more capable motorcycle. One in good condition, ridden sympathetically should have a decent chance of finishing.

Once again I live vicariously through the IBR riders (and staff); great luck to all that participate. And a thank you to all that contribute to this thread (and fjrforum that brings it to us). Salute!

XS1100 Yamaha - Brave soul riding that motorcycle.
I think I can hear the butterfly's in the stomachs from here.
As I recall, he rode that XS1100 to a 10th place finish in the Butt Lite last year.

Good luck and safe rides to all the riders!

That was kind of tongue-in-cheek. But a phone friendly app would be nice. Waiting for the horses leave to the barn, now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The start at 10am.

All riders have finished their final odometer reading and are milling about in the rain... yep, it's raining like a pig, with more thundercells on the way, should be here by the Final Riders Meeting at 9:45am

We have an awful, AWFUL lot of rookies this year, so the nervousness out in the Start Line is palpable... I am about to head back down to the riders shortly.

Sidebar: Iggy pussed out and shaved his head. there will be a penalty for such transgressions, and Kneebone says he has 3 days to figure out Matt's punishment. Heh...
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I sit here at my desk, preparing to follow the Rally, and also following the Tour de Doping....all is good in my hood! Unfortunately for my employer, I will be on cruise control for the next week.
bike.gif

The sheep wait for the slaughter to start..

spotwalla_zps0b7bac19.jpg

and the Tour rolls on ...

tour_zpsad7b731f.jpg

Good luck and safe riding to everyone poised at the start. Extra good fortune to the FJR and Tenere riders.

Sitting on the same page as many of you I suspect, can hardly wait for the next 11 days action.

dougc

wishing he was there...

It's been almost 15 minutes. Where's the update???? This suspense is going to kill me!

Heading westbound on I-80 between Elkhart and South Bend last Thursday, saw a maroon FJR traveling with another going east. They looked like IBR bikes.

Good luck and safe travels to all, loving the SPOT page and the updates.

What is the best link to follow the riders progress? Do we know any of the checkpoints?

Status
Not open for further replies.