2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where can one go to see the list of participants? I'd like to take a stab at predicting the top ten.

BTW...what is the exact count of our fellow forumites in it?

101st

stryg8r

TriggerT

Karstenp

Bionic Pelvis

Mountain

Ignacio

BIODSL

who am I forgetting?

The FJR is represented well this year. Have a great rally folks!
Me
smile.png
Correction duly noted. Have a fantastic rally Specter.

Reverse Mohawk
lol.gif

Matt.jpg

Stylish ?

Most definitely... the Reverse Mohawk is cool!
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

As an added benefit, I apparently gave him a Adolf Hitler bowl haircut to rear of his head.... we'll get pictures of that, too. It is truly hideous. Mind you, his Landing Strip goes completely around his skull and down to his neck... so now picture that Adolf cut <shudder>

weirdsmiley.gif

Geeze man.. I sure hope gets pole position for that one :lol:

I was also wondering about that on myself but it would be a great blues song.

"Just east of Memphis" ......

"My GSA broke down" ......

"Ooooh its the final drive"......

"Now I feel like a clown"....

Don't forget Colin24, a shoe in being an FJR rider, a forum member, and a Canadian. Me thinks it's a race between he and Perry.

Seems I am often left out on these "lists"...
Are you kidding? 64 posts, no one has had a chance to get to know you.
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

BTW guys, nice positive vibe in the thread! I'm another rider in the IBR, but have changed from the FJR to the Super Tenere. Only 51k on the Super Ten, so it should hold up to the task ok.
winksmiley02.gif
No CT for this bike, but Heidenau K60s instead. Should be fun for any off pavement bonus hunting and they last very well on pavement too.

Kneebone already asked if I was going to Alaska when he saw the bike.
punk.gif
I replied, "well, if that's where the bonus points take me!"

I spoke to TriggerT yesterday evening and he was looking relaxed and feeling good about being set for the show. I think he'll do just fine. Mountain is sporting a new "look"...
weirdsmiley.gif
But, er, he wears it well.

Tony (101pathfinder), needs to listen to that Jeff Earls lecture about leaving half your stuff at the hotel!

All for now. If I have time I'll pop in, but probably not during the rally. Will check back tonight before the banquet starts if I have time.

Eric V.

BTW...what is the exact count of our fellow forumites in it?101st

stryg8r

TriggerT

Karstenp

Bionic Pelvis

Mountain

Ignacio

BIODSL

kevinw

Specter

RidingGuy

Colin24

OCfjr

txvoyager

The FJRforum is represented well this year. Have a great rally folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I added farkles and gear right before leaving out, just trying to look like I belong with this group. In the ride up to New Castle, PA. for a rear tire swap, I realized I needed to return to basics. I took the headset out of the helmet and started getting rid of a few items. Now if 2 GPSs, cell phone and a lap top (Which is useless to me) is too much... Then I am in trouble.

Back to basics...

Waiting to hear the story of the SPOT sitting east of Memphis....or is that a lyric from a blues song?
I can quite emphatically confirm that the icon appearing in Memphis...is in fact in the parking lot with all the other motorcycles. ;)

Seems I am often left out on these "lists"...
Are you kidding? 64 posts, no one has had a chance to get to know you.
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Eric V.
Eric - I'm kinda well-known, so...
rolleyes.gif

Your S-10 looks cooler than mine - that's why I brought the "heat" to the big show. I can't stand the comparisons.
Dave,

Are you riding ?

I feel so isolated this year banned from international travel due to that COKE bust when I was caught as I tried to steal a few cans of Mikes' Coke Zero.

Who has organized the Pedicures at the start ? Who is there to provide hours of endless and useless parking lot conversation ?

Regards,

Waiting to hear the story of the SPOT sitting east of Memphis....or is that a lyric from a blues song?
I can quite emphatically confirm that the icon appearing in Memphis...is in fact in the parking lot with all the other motorcycles.
wink.png
Thanks Ignacio. Good to hear. Is there a penalty for leaving your SPOT in Memphis...or is that another blues lyric?

Thanks Ignacio. Good to hear. Is there a penalty for leaving your SPOT in Memphis...or is that another blues lyric?

It is not a Blues Song it is a new hit by the Village People

Do You Want To Be My Sally Higdon?Written and Sung In the style of The Village People by Iggy and The Bonus Hunters

Where can you find pleasure?

Search the world for treasure?

Please can you Help find My Spot?

Make your dreams all come true?

But please don't you tell Lisa?

In Memphis!

Yes, you can Help find my Spot!

In Memphis!

Yes, you can butt Don't tell Lisa!

In Memphis!

Come on now help me please, Sally Higdon,

In Memphis I need to make a stand.In Memphis!

Sally Higdon, Help find my Spot.

I said, Sally Higdon, Don't tell Lisa.

It's Faster to Ride in Memphis.

I can have a better haircut,

and You can Help find my Spot.

They have My secret GPS,

and Don't you tell Lisa.

It's Faster to Ride in Memphis.It's Faster to Ride in Memphis.

Sally Higdon, are you listening to me?

I said, Sally Higdon, what do you want to be?

I said, Sally Higdon, you can make real your dreams.

But you got to know this one thing:

I need to be a Winner in the Butt.

And...

Busy day today.

The last two riders tech-Inspected were the California duo of Mark Crane and Eric Jewel, with Eric taking honors as the very, very last rider checked into the 2013 IBR.

There is IBR Rider Group Photo at 3pm, and our own FJRForum member Tobie Stevens is serving as the official 2013 IBR Photographer. I will assist him herding cats for this 3pm shoot.

Then serious business starts at 4pm, when the mandatory Rider' Meeting is held. Most riders will assume their game faces at that point. After the Rider's Meeting, the pre-event banquet, and afterward, the riders will vote for their favorite haircut... Iggy is a contender for sure, but there are some other interesting haircuts, including a purple Mohawk with matching purple eyebrows, and another Reverse Mohawk that is extremely colorful.

After that bit of levity, we'll return to serious business and hand out Leg One Bonus Listing.

Only then we will find out what kind of dastardly evilness this "Transportation" theme has in store for these poor riders.
weirdsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.