2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm at the start here on Friday night and looking forward to Tech inspection tomorrow morning.

Pouring rain at the moment outside. And judging by the extended forecast the theme of the first leg appears to be wet-wet-wet.
rolleyes.gif

Should be an interesting rally this year!
punk.gif

- Colin

Yippee, another IronButt Rally. Thanks to Warchild, and all the other posters, for bringing this event to those of us who can't be there.

Let the fun begin . . . .

Member of the IBA, never ridden the IBR, but an appreciative fan. Thanks for setting this up Dale and giving us your insights from the inside. Glad to see that Higdon is reporting again. Again, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you say rain................... I left Nova Scotia this morning and currently sitting in Wilmington VT. It poured all day. Hope to arrive tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing the start.

Canadian FJR

Ummm. I got in late, my haircut will have to wait until 4pm. Speaking of haircuts, Ignacio!!!!!

Well... wait until the Pedicures start. Hopefully some riders will Logo up their big toes and post pictures.

I remember convincing a certain WA State public figure to get a Manni / Peddi.

He was still basking in the comfort of it, 11 days later
punk.gif

I have not from TriggerT in a long, long, long time...I hope he is psyched and ready to rock and roll.
He's doing well. There were a couple of emails back and forth. He's borrowing my GPS as a spare. Said he could wipe it clean if necessary but he thinks it'll just ride all over the country in a case.
Geez - how many spares does he need?? He borrowed my 2610 as a spare also!!
One back up for each of the ones running on the bike. Just like I have two computers. Back-ups for everything man. With the weather being what it is, I wish I had brought the Kayak or my scuba gear.

<snip>BTW...what is the exact count of our fellow forumites in it?

101st

stryg8r

TriggerT

Karstenp

Bionic Pelvis

Mountain

Ignacio

BIODSL

who am I forgetting?

The FJR is represented well this year. Have a great rally folks!
We're there but <whispers> we're on our GSA rather than the FJR </w>. We're here for a few weeks and I'd like to get on some (easy) trails if we get the chance; the GSA will be better for that which is why we brought it over. I have nightmares about the final drive so I hope I don't regret the choice.

It was good to meet you Perry.

Kevin (and Lyn)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just woke to the sound of Warchild's voice....sharing instructions with his technical inspection crew.

This year's poster theme is Planes, Trains, Automobiles, and FJRs!!!!

2013ibrposter-599x800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts