2015 1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmanhawaii

Reaction score
Looking at buying 2015 1300A, 7700 miles, any issues I should look for? Had a 16 ES but I sold it, how much difference between 5 and 6 spd?

Thanks in advance for any help

I feel like I've read about 50-50 comments favoring one over the other. One better on the interstates and the other better in the fun stuff with less shifting. Neither of those seem to be dramatic differences though. It does seem however that folks report liking the upgraded lighting from '16 on so you might notice that going back to the '15.

Sounds like you found a nice low mile machine. Other than transmission and ^^^^ lights, it's a FJR. The 6-spd transmission machine is more relaxed at faster highway speeds.

~G

I agree with the above. For some people the ES vs the A is a big deal but some prefer the A after doing a few upgrades...

I really liked my 16, especially the 6 spd and lighting, just didn't trust it after recall work.

Anyone know what year the 2nd gear was corrected at factory and not needing recall work done?

Had mine ('17) done, absolutely no problems, in fact you would never know anything was done, and that is as it should be.

My first FJR was a '16A version. Great bike, loved the 6 speed and LED lights. Stupidly sold it and more recently bought a '15A model. P/O did a lot of nice mods, including LED lights, so really, all I'm missing is the 6 speed and in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal for me. Given my druthers, would I prefer the 6 over the 5? Yes. But a deal breaker, especially if the bike is in nice condition, low mileage, right price? Not for a cheap skate like me. I've got no regrets. Even like the gray/black color scheme so much better than the blue.
Lee