2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motel#3 The Crow Peak Lodge just notified m that they are now completely booked! Apparently a Family booked all remaining rooms for a reunion.
I have one more "downtown option" which I will explore tomorrow.

There are many other motels in Spearfish, most of the National Chains are represented. All are out along the interstate and a couple of miles from the Bell's Motor Lodge, Roundup Headquarters.

If you are intending on attending it might beehive you to obtain a reservation somewhere as this town will fill up.

Thanks for all of the interest, it would be great if we had 100 folks at this Shindig!

John, how far is the campground from the Hotels?? I can vouch for how great the campground was for people that are into that sort of thing. It was 20 bucks per day and by far the best that I stayed at on my western trip last summer.

Just letting people know of another option if all the nearby hotels full up. Plus, isn't the steak dinner event happening in the city park plaza that is just down the street at the City Park-Hatchery?

John, how far is the campground from the Hotels?? I can vouch for how great the campground was for people that are into that sort of thing. It was 20 bucks per day and by far the best that I stayed at on my western trip last summer. Just letting people know of another option if all the nearby hotels full up. Plus, isn't the steak dinner event happening in the city park plaza that is just down the street at the City Park-Hatchery?
Go see post 61. :)

John, how far is the campground from the Hotels?? I can vouch for how great the campground was for people that are into that sort of thing. It was 20 bucks per day and by far the best that I stayed at on my western trip last summer. Just letting people know of another option if all the nearby hotels full up. Plus, isn't the steak dinner event happening in the city park plaza that is just down the street at the City Park-Hatchery?
Go see post 61. :)
Good point!

I should have phrased it more as a reminder for others that haven't gone through the whole thread. Hope everyone has a great time.

Good point!I should have phrased it more as a reminder for others that haven't gone through the whole thread. Hope everyone has a great time.
John, maybe update the first post with all the pertinent info so folks can just go there and not sort through dozens of pages of sheep fornication? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well how do you do! Looks like I may be able to make this - planning on going to Arkansas for the first part of the week for the MSTA STAR rally in Springdale but that leaves the rest of the week open. Lemme read through all 14 pages and see what the details are . . .

Good point!I should have phrased it more as a reminder for others that haven't gone through the whole thread. Hope everyone has a great time.
John, maybe update the first post with all the pertinent info so folks can just go there and not sort through dozens of pages of sheep fornication? ;)
Great idea!

This evenings project.

Looking ahead I hope to be back in the saddle for this. Mark me as tentative. If a climb to the top of Mt Rushmore is in the offering, I will have to pass. Been there and done that.

Bruce

aka Longrider

Looking ahead I hope to be back in the saddle for this. Mark me as tentative. If a climb to the top of Mt Rushmore is in the offering, I will have to pass. Been there and done that.
Bruce

aka Longrider
The documented "loop" has it and Crazy Horse in it. Nothing says you can't stay back (and save the $10!) or in your group just bypass the WP. In fact, most groups probably will set kickstand just out side the park entrance and get their pics-in ...and save the $10.

Bruce

aka Longrider
The documented "loop" has it and Crazy Horse in it. Nothing says you can't stay back (and save the $10!) or in your group just bypass the WP. In fact, most groups probably will set kickstand just out side the park entrance and get in their pics-in ...and save the $10.
Uh KJ, Bruce aka Longrider is old enough that he fought in the US Calvary against Crazy Horse. He'll just show them his saber, they will let Corporal Waldon in for free! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Charge!

Ho ho ho

Apparently I had 2 non-smoking rooms reserved come to find out (I reserved for Steamer also under my CC).

So, Ralph (Bikerskier) has one transferred into his name as of 9:50am 1/3/15.

The other, I told Scott (motel mgr) to give to the first person on the waiting list. So somebody else is in too!

and yur welcome
smile.png
hope you guys have an all out blast!

-KJ

Uh KJ, Bruce aka Longrider is old enough that he fought in the US Calvary against Crazy Horse. He'll just show them his saber, they will let Corporal Waldon in for free! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Charge!

Not quite that old, but I have stood on top of George Washington's head at Mt Rushmore. Last count has more people at top of Mt Everst than there.

Longrider

Not quite that old, but I have stood on top of George Washington's head at Mt Rushmore. Last count has more people at top of Mt Everst than there.

Longrider
Any pics? Sounds like a moment to be seen (or scene).

Of course it was only a mountain then, the carving hadn't started. jsns.