2017 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.. it's that time again
punk.gif

Watching and wishing all IBR riders great safety and good luck from south NJ.

Let the pin drops wander !!

Well, outta likes already today, but would have bestowed at least four to entries on this page.

Another week?!?!

<edit, immediately after posting> Ummm, "to entries on on the previous page."

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no placeholder right now, but the daily reports will be posted at the IBR tab at www.ironbutt.com starting Friday, June 23.
I predict work productivity rates will drop dramatically around the country for the two weeks following.
wink.png
Wait a minute.... They expect me to be productive at work?

Good luck to all the riders, in particular the FJR peeps. Must confess though I'll be following Chris Comly on the Sportster as we know each other.

There is no placeholder right now, but the daily reports will be posted at the IBR tab at www.ironbutt.com starting Friday, June 23.
I predict work productivity rates will drop dramatically around the country for the two weeks following.
wink.png
Yeah, the IBR is the motorcycle version of the NCAAA basketball tournament without Brent Musberger or any of the other idiot talking heads.

I predict work productivity rates will drop dramatically around the country for the two weeks following. ;)
I'll be following along while relaxing, and enjoying cocktails on the beach in Mexico. Good luck to all IBR riders.
I'll be following along from Mexico also, but not anywhere nice.

Check in time for me. Getting excited about IBR 2017 and the best place for coverage........right here!

Gonna be at both Allen, TX, checkpoints with my grand kids. Some may remember them at Kingsport in 2015. They are 11, 10 and 6 now and have been giddy about this trip for two years now!

Gotta cheer for Greg Rice on his (new) BMW........since I recently purchased his Goldwing.

Wishing the best for all participants!

Ride safely.

Check in time for me. Getting excited about IBR 2017 and the best place for coverage........right here!
Gonna be at both Allen, TX, checkpoints with my grand kids. Some may remember them at Kingsport in 2015. They are 11, 10 and 6 now and have been giddy about this trip for two years now!

Gotta cheer for Greg Rice on his (new) BMW........since I recently purchased his Goldwing.

Wishing the best for all participants!

Ride safely.

LOL! I remember those kids!! They made me smile as we rode up soaked to the bone from an earlier rain shower. I

still mention them when describing that checkpoint.It will be nice to see them again. Maybe it will become an IBR tradition.

At least its not some middle aged man in a tutu and pom poms at an overpass. Saw that too. Wish I hadnt!

Cheers (see what I did there)
smile.png

Phil

I guess the riders are prepared for it, but I can't help worry about the heat in the SouthWest..

Yeah, the IBR is the motorcycle version of the NCAAA basketball tournament without Brent Musberger or any of the other idiot talking heads.
We already have enough idiot talking heads around here without having to import any.

yamafitter posted: We already have enough idiot talking heads around here without having to import any.
***LIKE***

EDIT: Already taken care of... that was fast!! B)

IBR rider and personal friend of mine lost their saddle trailering their Honda ST 1300 to the IBR start. If you know of anyone who can go a couple weeks without an ST seat, I'll help you out with shipping costs to get it to Minneapolis for her. Thanks!

Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.
Pardon my french, but fuck that cancer shit... I'm tired of hearing about it and how it affects so many good people... wishing you full recovery and kicking that goddamn fucking crap to the curb. Seriously.
Thanks Tyler, it's not going to be my easiest journey but between you and Don Stanley I have great role models.Hopefully will be out of hospital Thursday so I can follow the rally here.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tyler" data-cid="1368938" data-t1ŕf)ime="1497760953"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="orestes" data-cid="1368322" data-time="1497269169"><p>Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Pardon my french, but fuck that cancer shit... I'm tired of hearing about it and how it affects so many good people... wishing you full recovery and kicking that goddamn fucking crap to the curb. Seriously.</p></blockquote>

Thanks Tyler, it's not going to be my easiest journey but between you and Don Stanley I have great role models.Hopefully will be out of hospital Thursday so I can follow the rally here.Just hope they hold of chemo until after the 8th.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tyler" data-cid="1368938" data-t1ŕf)ime="1497760953"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="orestes" data-cid="1368322" data-time="1497269169"><p>Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Pardon my french, but fuck that cancer shit... I'm tired of hearing about it and how it affects so many good people... wishing you full recovery and kicking that goddamn fucking crap to the curb. Seriously.</p></blockquote>

Thanks Tyler, it's not going to be my easiest journey but between you and Don Stanley I have great role models.Hopefully will be out of hospital Thursday so I can follow the rally here.Just hope they hold of chemo until after the 8th.

Another biannual visitor checking in.

I'm in Wichita, have plenty of garage space, trailers, tire changer, and tools. Anyone coming through that needs a lift, a hand with something, a new tire, or whatever, don't hesitate to get in touch. I'll be out of town part of the time but mrs. grommet will be here and she knows how to drive with the bike trailer.

Best of luck, safety, and success to all the riders and followers of the IBR.

I see a trend in my personal Facebook feed....an inordinate number of people seem to be migrating towards some place in the Midwest as if drawn by an unknown force.

And several other friends seem to be flying to KMSP for some reason. And yet another batch of Team Strange affiliated friends seem to be chattering about replacing o-rings on their church clothes, strapping tire changes to the back of their SUV's, as if they known something we don't. Hmmmmm.
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to the 2017 Iron Butt Rally!

I'm working on a dedicated thread now and will likely turn it on about the same time as the first official IBR posting is published....which I hear will be Friday....or maybe Saturday.

I too am checking in for my bi annual checkpoint.

Just want to say good luck to all that are in the big dance, Have a fun, see interesting places and by all means a Safe ride.

Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.