4 CORNERS - 10/10THS RIDE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone repost Tony's spotwalla link? I don't know what post that is located...

As much as I love the open road...this is a whole nuther beast entirely. You don't get to quit when you wanna quit. You don't get to stop when you're uncomfortable. This ride is about being comfortable with being uncomfortable. This is about knowing your limits and stopping before you get there. And this is about Tony having limits that are A LOT higher than most people's.

Not where I am motorcycle trip-wise, but I sure respect Tony for doing what is surely unimaginable...

GO TONY GO!!!

Can someone repost Tony's spotwalla link? I don't know what post that is located...
He updated his first post to tell you that it's on post 29, which is on page 2 on my settings.
biggrin.png

But here ya go....

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=769451f6834a6aa1f

SweetMerciful7lb2ozBeardedBabyJeebuz! He's past Golden BC already. Did somebody strap on a JATO rocket on his back? Is he trying to set a world record across Canada!

The TC Quest is the Canadian equivalent of a 50cc ride in the United States. To earn recognition for the TC Gold a rider must travel from coast to coast across Canada in 75 hours or less, the additional time allowed because of additional distance and generally lower speed limits than one encounters in the United States
He's about 48hrs out from Nova Scotia and he's well on his way to finishing in less than 12 hours. He's gonna beat the 75 hour time limit but about 15 hours! Assuming he doesn't stop at the nearest Holiday Inn Express and partake of some sleep, a good meal, a jump in the pool, maybe some window shopping/sightseeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
WheatonFJR ...I'm with you on this. This is incredable riding that were seeing here. It's something I'd like to do but doubt I could do it in this time frame. I looked lat last night and he was in Moose jaw and this morning he's almost all the way across. Can't wait to hear his story.

Mike just called & said that he has broken off two windshield screws and his shield is leaning against his gps just holding on with one. He's currently just south if St. Louis heading for Memphis on Interstate 55. If anyone can intercept him or meet up with screws he would appreciate it greatly. Here's his spot link: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=774151fbad21a30a8&showInfo=yes

Not sure he's monitoring his phone while on the road or if he even wants me to give it out, but this is kind of important that he doesn't get delayed. So executive decision made. (763) two two nine-nine six one three.

If he doesn't have a solution by the time he hits Texas, I'm just off his listed route and can hook him up with some off of mine.

Text message sent.

"He's about 48hrs out from Nova Scotia and he's well on his way to finishing in less than 12 hours. He's gonna beat the 75 hour time limit but about 15 hours!"

He has a good ride going but your math is off a little. He left from Halifax Sunday evening.

Canadian FJR

Mike just called & said that he has broken off two windshield screws and his shield is leaning against his gps just holding on with one. He's currently just south if St. Louis heading for Memphis on Interstate 55. If anyone can intercept him or meet up with screws he would appreciate it greatly. Here's his spot link: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=774151fbad21a30a8&showInfo=yesNot sure he's monitoring his phone while on the road or if he even wants me to give it out, but this is kind of important that he doesn't get delayed. So executive decision made. (763) two two nine-nine six one three.
Any news?

I am about 1k behind schedule. I am also behind on sleep, at a rest stop in Washington now .

Pick my way slowly down the coast and get a motel in San Diego tomorrow night.

The TCG was a tough one- just at 70 hours.

Mike just called & said that he has broken off two windshield screws and his shield is leaning against his gps just holding on with one. He's currently just south if St. Louis heading for Memphis on Interstate 55. If anyone can intercept him or meet up with screws he would appreciate it greatly. Here's his spot link: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=774151fbad21a30a8&showInfo=yesNot sure he's monitoring his phone while on the road or if he even wants me to give it out, but this is kind of important that he doesn't get delayed. So executive decision made. (763) two two nine-nine six one three.
Any news?
Haven't heard anything. Looks like he took a break on the south side of Dallas, hope he got it back together.

Haven't heard anything. Looks like he took a break on the south side of Dallas, hope he got it back together.
Yep, he passed within 5 miles of my house and looks like he crashed at the Iron Butt Motel about 11 miles from my house.

Joy for Mike again: Mike is still limping along with his broken windshield. He's just about to Albuquerque. He would greatly appreciate any help with windshield screws if anyone is anywhere near!