Apres NAFO Check-In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Griff & I have just pulled off US 50 into the hotel at Ely. Went thourgh that last tank of gas so quick I thought my milage had gone to sh*t until I checked the odometer. WooHoo that was a lot of fun.

Home this afternoon, the GPS says I did 4632 miles. Thanks Jeff and all your helpers for another memorable Canadian gathering.

Saw lots of wild game during the trip, some were actually animals. The real treat was the fully grown mountain lion that crossed I-15 about 150 yds in front of me Monday morning about 35 miles north of Idaho Falls, ID. This guy was as big as any I've seen on some of those African safari vids. Just ask alittledent'ldoyou petey, he was right behind me. (The only time he is right behind me is when the road is straight or an early morning departure in deer country.) He cleared all four lanes and the median in about three leaps. A magnificent beast.

John

Griff & I have just pulled off US 50 into the hotel at Ely. Went thourgh that last tank of gas so quick I thought my milage had gone to sh*t until I checked the odometer. WooHoo that was a lot of fun.
So are you guys gonna stay in the "rent a wife" state...or go next door and buy 'em by the dozen?

So Uber and I come up on this blue Ford Super Duty 350 one ton, has half a lumber rack, gun rack and what appears to be a bull whip in the back window. He's doing 65 in a 55, then we follow, ,...............then the hidden blue lights in the lumber rack light up, ............we'll be sending a revenue check to Oregon this week also ! :(
Sorry to hear that Dave. :(

They've got to pay for that Super Duty somehow...they sure ain't loggin'.
Wow....sneaky buggers!
+1, you should have gotten a picture to post.
Sorry for the blown out pic, forgot my camera was set to manual mode.

DSC7880-L.jpg

Home safe this afternoon after a great trip with 3K on the clock. Mailing my check to Oregon later this week. :angry2: Oh well, got to pay to play.
I'm guessing you we're playing Sammy Hagar "I can't drive 55" on the I-pod when tou got popped?

Made it back to sunny Saskatchewan safe and sound. Now that I have my first Rally under my belt, you won't be able to get rid of me, ya poor bastards! Had a great time, now back to the dreary reality of employed life *******sigh******

David Williamson

PS: Still waiting for the "Only Person from Saskatchewan" prize!!!!! :yahoo:

Seth and Chuy are still out on the road, Rogue River, Oregon tonight; spent the last three nights with Dr. Rich and Susan at their Oak Harbor, WA estate. Going to do some Irish Power Drinking with Old Michael in Old Town Sacramento tomorrow night, 6/28.

Still on the road. Should be home tomorrow.

Home 28 July 2012 12:10h

3,566 miles

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it back to sunny Saskatchewan safe and sound. Now that I have my first Rally under my belt, you won't be able to get rid of me, ya poor bastards! Had a great time, now back to the dreary reality of employed life *******sigh******

David Williamson

Great meeting you. Did you ever get used to roads that weren't straight, Prarie Boy?

So Uber and I come up on this blue Ford Super Duty 350 one ton, has half a lumber rack, gun rack and what appears to be a bull whip in the back window. He's doing 65 in a 55, then we follow, ,...............then the hidden blue lights in the lumber rack light up, ............we'll be sending a revenue check to Oregon this week also ! :(
Sorry to hear that Dave. :(

They've got to pay for that Super Duty somehow...they sure ain't loggin'.
Wow....sneaky buggers!
+1, you should have gotten a picture to post.
Sorry for the blown out pic, forgot my camera was set to manual mode.

DSC7880-L.jpg
"Welcome to Oregon Mr Maynard - in Oregon, fifty-fahve means fifty-fahve!"

And how much of a donation did you make to the state's coffers?

Karl, Highway 50 is a hoot!! The Nevada Hotel is quite the historical landmark!!!

FWFE

David Williamson

Dave.

Your prize was being able to ride in BC, hope you enjoyed it. :)

Nice meeting you.

Al.

Thanks to Jeff and everyone that organized NAFO @ Castlegar. Great job by you all. Hope to be a repeat offender.

Gary and Chris thanks for the guided tour Friday; Ed, Justin, Steve, Brad it was a pleasure sharing the ride.

It was Sharrie's and my first event, and longer than a day two-up ride. We arrived home today via Kelowna, Pemberton, Sidney.

Brian and Sharrie

Thanks to Jeff and everyone that organized NAFO @ Castlegar. Great job by you all. Hope to be a repeat offender.

Gary and Chris thanks for the guided tour Friday; Ed, Justin, Steve, Brad it was a pleasure sharing the ride.

It was Sharrie's and my first event, and longer than a day two-up ride. We arrived home today via Kelowna, Pemberton, Sidney.

Brian and Sharrie
Great meeting you Brian and Sharrie, It was a memorable ride Brian. Hope to meet up with you again real soon.

David Williamson

Great meeting you. Did you ever get used to roads that weren't straight, Prarie Boy?

David Williamson

Yes, it is an acquired tasted, like a fine scotch or my favorite, a good Bourbon! I really enjoyed the 3A and took that route out of Castlegar and headed west on #3 from Creston and then drove out west and stayed at Pincher Creek. Pincher Creek = No comment!

The next day I took a short trip down to Waterton Park, pretty great scenery in that area, and then headed up the #22 highway up to Cremona AB to visit with my brother and then, as all good prairie boys do, took the #1 a.k.a. Canada's unofficial autobahn. I had a nasty crosswind until Medicine Hat and then the wind was a perfect tail wind and pushed me home. Cruzing between an indicated 140 to 160 KPH I got 57 MPG, never will I be able to drive those "ahem" speeds and get that kind of mileage again. :yahoo: caveat: will be ordering a speedo healer from Dale Walker at Holeshot

I am amiss for not thanking everybody involved in my first post, was tired and dirty when I got off the bike but now in the light of day I will take the opportunity to thank Jeff and all the other people who assisted in creating a great Rally. The bar was set high but I am sure there are many great rally's coming up. :D

I didn't get a chance to meet the infamous "MEM" but if MEM or any other "easterners" out there could give a few thoughts on what the best way to get out to the "Cabot Trail" from way the F out here in Saskatchewan, it would be appreciated. I think I need to do that trip before I get too damn old :blink:

It isn't even July yet, lots of time to get more riding in everybody, have a SAFE summer and enjoy some WOT time :D

Home this afternoon, the GPS says I did 4632 miles. Thanks Jeff and all your helpers for another memorable Canadian gathering.

Saw lots of wild game during the trip, some were actually animals. The real treat was the fully grown mountain lion that crossed I-15 about 150 yds in front of me Monday morning about 35 miles north of Idaho Falls, ID. This guy was as big as any I've seen on some of those African safari vids. Just ask alittledent'ldoyou petey, he was right behind me. (The only time he is right behind me is when the road is straight or an early morning departure in deer country.) He cleared all four lanes and the median in about three leaps. A magnificent beast.

John
That is a once in a lifetime sighting! I've lived in the area most of my life and only ever seen a lion once sitting on the banks of the Salmon River when we floated by on a raft. They are extremely elusive around here!