Arkansas All Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your schedule Wheatie?Goin' back Sunday, or stickin' around?
Schedule:

Thursday noon...leave work and arrive in Bonne Terre, MO and eat catfish at the Catfish Kettle with murph

Friday - take the squiggly back roads all day down to Clinton

Saturday - AAD

Sunday - head home... 625 miles some of them bein' squiggly.

Great!
Tell your boss this is a marketing trip to potential clients in AR. :clapping:
Are you sure wheaton? I do work at a hospital you know. no repeats of last year from you. :D

OOPS :blink: Strike that potential clients thing. :)

You still gotta get here though. :clapping:

Schedule: Thursday noon...leave work and arrive in Bonne Terre, MO and eat catfish at the Catfish Kettle with murph

Saturday - AAD

Now thats some motorcycle ridin right there bo'!!! :yahoo:

Schedule: Thursday noon...leave work and arrive in Bonne Terre, MO and eat catfish at the Catfish Kettle with murph

Saturday - AAD

Now thats some motorcycle ridin right there bo'!!! :yahoo:
Yep, I am REALLY looking forward to this ride!

My plan is to do the 500 mile route...then probably bail on US65 back to the barn for a total slightly over 400 miles. This looks like a REALLY GOOD ROUTE Scott!

My foldemuptype.map is programmed and ready to go... :yahoo:

Okay dudes here is the garmin file for the 500 mile route. You should be able to download this file and store on your garmin SD card on the .gpx folder

If this does not work let me know.

AAD 500

AAD 400

AAD 300

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay dudes here is the garmin file for the 500 mile route. You should be able to download this file and store on your garmin SD card on the .gpx folder
If this does not work let me know.

AAD 500

AAD 400

AAD 300
Since I don't have a Garmin...yet...I will have to draft behind someone that does.

Have printed the route and will have my co-pilot slapping me when it's time to turn if everyone leaves me in their dust.

I haven't seen your route but I saw AR RT 23 mentioned. They are rebuilding 23 and there is only one lane open in the construction area. From Arkansas 10/16 newspaper:

...The route is known formally as Arkansas 23 but is commonly referred to as the Pig Trail. The state Highway and Transportation Department said Friday that the road will be restricted to one lane in places.

One work area is 18 miles north of Interstate 40. When work is done there, construction will shift to a second area 19 1/2 miles north of the interstate. ....

I haven't seen your route but I saw AR RT 23 mentioned. They are rebuilding 23 and there is only one lane open in the construction area. From Arkansas 10/16 newspaper: ...The route is known formally as Arkansas 23 but is commonly referred to as the Pig Trail. The state Highway and Transportation Department said Friday that the road will be restricted to one lane in places.

One work area is 18 miles north of Interstate 40. When work is done there, construction will shift to a second area 19 1/2 miles north of the interstate. ....
Didn't know that, well dang! Hopefully we will be there within a couple hours after we start, and if we start by 7:00 we should be to that point by 9:00 or so. maybe we'll be ahead of the traffic and wont have much of a delay!

Thanks for the heads up!

twistybuttdecal.jpg

This is the memento decal for the attendees of the inaugural TBA ride!

FJRider will be along shortly to share with you the little sumpin that will also be provided for the riders that complete the 500 mile Arkansas All Day ride.

Gonna be good time...

C'ya there,

Mark

Hey James,

It is a sticker. About 3 1/2 inches in diameter with a clear coating so it can withstand the weather should you decide to strategically place on your ride (or another 'in the elements' location).

There were several other Floridians that were interested in attending...have you been able to chat with them?

We ran a good pace last time we were in the Ozarks together...sure hope you can make it over for this one. It will be even pacier...until we get to Oark. (FYI...Ellie May is working that Saturday!!!)

Hey James,
It is a sticker. About 3 1/2 inches in diameter with a clear coating so it can withstand the weather should you decide to strategically place on your ride (or another 'in the elements' location).

There were several other Floridians that were interested in attending...have you been able to chat with them?

We ran a good pace last time we were in the Ozarks together...sure hope you can make it over for this one. It will be even pacier...until we get to Oark. (FYI...Ellie May is working that Saturday!!!)
Mark I am planning and hoping to attend.

Could anyone else coming from Flori-Duh please chime in, maybe we'll be able to meet up somewhere along on the way up.

FJRider will be along shortly to share with you the little sumpin that will also be provided for the riders that complete the 500 mile Arkansas All Day ride.Gonna be good time...

C'ya there,

Mark
Well about the best I can do is this..............

For all "500" mile participants who complete the ride on time, not only is the TBA going to buy your dinner Saturday night, but the TBA has decided to award the first "Arkansas All Day" tropheys! Its a 4.5" x 6" clear acryllic shape of Arkansas with a small clear base (the kind that sits on your desk) It will have lasered into it Arkansas All Day

(pic of dude on motorcycle)

Clinton, Arkansas

Twisty Butt Association

There really cool.........and the first TBA tropheys ever................they'll be worth millions in a few years!!!

"There really cool.........and the first TBA tropheys ever................they'll be worth millions in a few years!!!"

Well I was unsure if I could make the 500 miles, but this is my incentive....MILLIONS in just a few years?????

I'm there!!

TGIF!!!

This Friday I am 50 years young.

Next Friday, headin' down to Arkansas to try and get me one of them there trophies!

I have heard that 7 days will make one weak...come on next friday!

Early forecast shows Saturday and Sunday with the low in the mid 40's, high in the mid 60's, Sunny and 0 - 10% chance of rain! Woo Hoo!!! After this years SFO, we deserve a couple of Sunny and 65 degree weather ridin' days. Added bonus, the trees here in Mid Missouri are just now at peak. Should be really pretty next week in AR.