BK Racing Nitro fuel control device

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmak

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has come across the BK Nitro chip that plugs into the temp sensor and has a number of different pre-set maps to control fuel delivery and timing. Enter BK Nitro power chip into your browser and you'll pull it up-

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the BK website. Don't think that they have much to offer. They are replacing the signal from either the air intake temperature sensor or coolant temperature sensor with their control box. Their box can only change the 5-volt (temperature) signal going to the bike's ECU and nothing else. The end result of this is that their product can only make changes to the amount of fuel, not ignition timing. Also their controller does not have any way to determine engine RPM or throttle position.

There is no way this device could work as well as a Power Commander as it's control over fueling is crude. Without actually trying one of these things I would speculate that at best some lean surging at part throttle may be fixed but at the expense of fouled spark plugs and decreased fuel economy. You get what you pay for and at 31 Euros (about $50 of so dollars) you don't get enough to make it worth the price.

Maybe someone will try one and let all of us know if it works?

I looked at the BK website. Don't think that they have much to offer. They are replacing the signal from either the air intake temperature sensor or coolant temperature sensor with their control box. Their box can only change the 5-volt (temperature) signal going to the bike's ECU and nothing else. The end result of this is that their product can only make changes to the amount of fuel, not ignition timing. Also their controller does not have any way to determine engine RPM or throttle position.
There is no way this device could work as well as a Power Commander as it's control over fueling is crude. Without actually trying one of these things I would speculate that at best some lean surging at part throttle may be fixed but at the expense of fouled spark plugs and decreased fuel economy. You get what you pay for and at 31 Euros (about $50 of so dollars) you don't get enough to make it worth the price.

Maybe someone will try one and let all of us know if it works?
That was also my take-I know the temp sensor controls fuel flow (that's why my nitrous nozzles have to fire at it, so it compensates and adds fuel). However, it seems the temp sensor itself has far more gradations than a mechanical control that has a finite number of "maps." I don't use a PC, but I do use a Techclusion EFI controller that also allows infinite adjustments and isn't limited to only a number of pre-set conditions. I did think it is a novel idea that adjusts the fuel in a bit different way than other options and wonder what kind of effect it might have.