Calgary to NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
Canucklehead, Shakin, MEM and I will be leaving Calgary bright and early Thursday morning heading to Castlegar via the Crowsnest Pass. If I get my way, we`ll be taking a short detour to Eureka, MT for brunch and a milkshake at Jax Cafe. Anyone else heading our way.

I am thinking I might 'D-Tour' to Calgary on Wednesday. I need to do an oil change and I need a quick repair on the bike as one of the handlebars was somehow come slightly loose. I'm stopping in at Stugis Yamaha tomorrow to see if they can do a quick fix on the handlebar but that will be the last opportunity I have since I don't have the tools with me to fix it. If you or Canucklehead could help me by having a filter & oil ready for me I'll pay you back when I get there. I normally use Amzoil Synthetic oil and I have a Scott Stainless Mesh reusable oil filter but I would need a means to clean the oil filter. If I could have a spot to do a quick oil change and a place to sleep on the couch I could then ride with you folks to Castlegar on Thursday.

Can you help??

I'll be leaving Nakusp Thursday morning. It's a short ride to Castlegar, so I will try to lengthen it. Maybe I'll see your procession around the Creston area?

Al.

I am thinking I might 'D-Tour' to Calgary on Wednesday. I need to do an oil change and I need a quick repair on the bike as one of the handlebars was somehow come slightly loose. I'm stopping in at Stugis Yamaha tomorrow to see if they can do a quick fix on the handlebar but that will be the last opportunity I have since I don't have the tools with me to fix it. If you or Canucklehead could help me by having a filter & oil ready for me I'll pay you back when I get there. I normally use Amzoil Synthetic oil and I have a Scott Stainless Mesh reusable oil filter but I would need a means to clean the oil filter. If I could have a spot to do a quick oil change and a place to sleep on the couch I could then ride with you folks to Castlegar on Thursday.

Can you help??
Off course we can help! Is your heart set on Amsoil? I suppose I could put a mask on and buy some, but we gots plenty of Rotella T Dino!

What do you need to clean your filter? We can probably accommodate but have OEM Yami filters if not.

I`ll do you one better, I`ll give you a bed to sleep in... you don`t mind that MEM is sleeping there too, do you?
unsure.gif
Or we could put you in separate beds.
wink.gif

Off course we can help! Is your heart set on Amsoil? I suppose I could put a mask on and buy some, but we gots plenty of Rotella T Dino!

What do you need to clean your filter? We can probably accommodate but have OEM Yami filters if not.

I`ll do you one better, I`ll give you a bed to sleep in... you don`t mind that MEM is sleeping there too, do you?
unsure.gif
wink.gif
Thanks Jeff. I do have a preference for Synthetic over Dino. I know that is probably against the law in Alberta but I prefer not to switch to Dino so if you could get me some Mobil 1 if Amsoil is to bitter a pill to shallow I would appreciate it. I just need a liter paint thinner or varsol and a small bucket to wash out my Scott Oil Filter. If it's too much a bother I'll just buy one of your OEM filters. I'll take you up on your offer of bedding down with MEM, just don't tell BeemerDons since you know how crazy jealous he can get.

Could you please PM me your address and I'll get it plugged into the Zumo. See you Wednesday about 5 - 6 PM I'm guessing.

Thanks Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
... you don`t mind that MEM is sleeping there too, do you?
unsure.gif
wink.gif
I'll take you up on your offer of bedding down with MEM, just don't tell BeemerDons since you know how crazy jealous he can get.[/color]
382518650v6150x150Front.jpg

Just sayin'
I'm disappointed. I didn't think you were one of those high maintenance models.

I'm probably in trouble now
sad.gif

Jeff,

I tried a PM but your mailbox appears full.

I have your number and will call tonight if I don't get a PM with your address.

Can you help??
We have filters, oil, tools, beer and a couch... anything else you need?

Griff

Canucklehead, Shakin, MEM and I will be leaving Calgary bright and early Thursday morning heading to Castlegar via the Crowsnest Pass. If I get my way, we`ll be taking a short detour to Eureka, MT for brunch and a milkshake at Jax Cafe. Anyone else heading our way.
Steve and I are leaving Sundre Wednesday morning. From Eureke to Libby to Bonner's Ferry you're only adding about 100 km to the trip. Might have to scout out Jax for you.

Hal