Cautionary Tales about Seth Laam!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good feedback, wheatonFJR. (when you going to change your name to "greenvilleFJR"?)

That gets to my previous post's point: If the seats do essentially the same job, it may well be worth it (to many FJR owners) to deal with Laam's "idiosyncrasies and foibles" to get a great custom seat at a considerably lower price point.

Of course getting a few more data points may be a good idea too. As we all know, a seat is a very individual choice. There is nothing closer to a rider's heart than his butt. ;)

I'm still waiting on mine. I was given a build date of "the week of September 12". I sent an email to Kaarin last week asking for an update, and was told my build date is now "the week of October 17".

I did order my seats without a deadline. I'm riding on Sargents, so I'm not exactly suffering. But it looks like I might be one of those guys that gets pushed back to allow for folks with deadlines and/or ride ins.

Again, I gave no deadline. I had no big rides planned. There have been 2 <500 mile rides that have popped up, including a ride to Michigan on October 20th, and it would be nice to have the new seats for that. But I'm not getting my hopes up on putting any miles on the new Laam before the snow flies.

Good feedback, wheatonFJR. (when you going to change your name to "greenvilleFJR"?)
That gets to my previous post's point: If the seats do essentially the same job, it may well be worth it (to many FJR owners) to deal with Laam's "idiosyncrasies and foibles" to get a great custom seat at a considerably lower price point.

Of course getting a few more data points may be a good idea too. As we all know, a seat is a very individual choice. There is nothing closer to a rider's heart than his butt.
wink.png
I'll be sure to post up a comparison when I have my RDL, which has a production date for next Monday. I've taken the LAAM across the country, so I'll have a good point for comparison.

The measure of any company, big or small, is how problems are dealt with. Because all companies have problems. People are involved and they fuck up. Problems need communication, first and foremost, that is the most important thing in the resolution and ranks first thru tenth in the process. Everyone will understand and forgive an error, but few of us will understand or forgive something when we cannot get an answer to our calls.

The hiding of his head in the sand is just plain stupid and unforgivable in business.