CFO 2015 Registration Now Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
van_zps2aivzrei.png
There is nothing scary about a guy and a van unless he is hanging out by your kid's school yard or your daughter is in there.
I agree with those "creepy" behaviors being concerning. But remind me to tell the story about the guy who popped out from a van and caused me to embarrass myself beyond belief. I still want to throw up everytime I think about what I did to OFace trying to avoid running over a senior citizen. I don't think I have ever wanted to crawl into a hole more than that day. It ruined a perfect weekend of great riding with some new friends.
Anyway, sending in my money in the morning. Going to work on prepping the bike this weekend.
I was recently trying to find that story about you guys tangling it up a little, but I was unable to find it.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/161517-se-wisconsin-spin-recap-wgriff-o-faceand-gramps/

Post 29.

Still an idiot....yeah him and me.

26 riders so far! If you're still waffling, it seems the Days Inn might or might not have rooms available. Deadline is Sunday 8/30, though! Anyone can show up and ride, but registration gets you a seat at the Saturday night banquet where all the swag will be distributed. See post #1 in this thread for registration details!

Finally sent payment!

Forgot to post this earlier, but to those wondering about the availability of Not Your Fathers Root Beer earlier, not only can I confirm it is available (local Woodmans grocers had a pallet of it), but it is actually made under contract at City Brewery, right in La Crosse!

Is it the same as in the past that you can't bring your own drinks to the banquet room?
I'd guess that'll be the case, but I'll confirm.

Along that line, who'd be interested in a beer exchange on Friday night? Bring a six of your favorite brews from your locality, share them with the rest of the hooligans, and sample theirs.

Is it the same as in the past that you can't bring your own drinks to the banquet room?

Along that line, who'd be interested in a beer exchange on Friday night? Bring a six of your favorite brews (EWES) from your locality, share them with the rest of the hooligans, and sample theirs.
Cool idea^^^

But why does it gotta be beer?? Some don't like that stuff. Some like root beer and some like whiskey......Just Saying. Also since it is Friday I will add that Zilla might want to bring some goats and Iggy has had his fill of sheep for sure.

Sarcasm aside, it is a unique idea.

Along that line, who'd be interested in a beer exchange on Friday night? Bring a six of your favorite brews (EWES) from your locality, share them with the rest of the hooligans, and sample theirs.
Cool idea^^^

But why does it gotta be beer?? Some don't like that stuff. Some like root beer and some like whiskey......Just Saying. Also since it is Friday I will add that Zilla might want to bring some goats and Iggy has had his fill of sheep for sure.

Man, you are a troublemaker!
biggrin.png

I hope your classroom kids give you a rotten year, day after effin day.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Cool idea^^^

Man, you are a troublemaker!
biggrin.png

I hope your classroom kids give you a rotten year, day after effin day.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Especially when your own daughter is in your classes. Kinda weird hearing this in class.................. "Hey Dad, when is this homework due?"

This group of kids in 8th grade are awesome. The girls are not bitchy and the guys are not jerks that think they know it all yet. Truly a good group to teach.

NOW back to the refreshment exchange!!! I will be bringing some of my favorites to share!!

Last edited by a moderator:
26 riders so far! If you're still waffling, it seems the Days Inn might or might not have rooms available. Deadline is Sunday 8/30, though! Anyone can show up and ride, but registration gets you a seat at the Saturday night banquet where all the swag will be distributed. See post #1 in this thread for registration details!
Updated the list to 27 riders now. And with that it is...

LAST CALL!

I have to phone in banquet numbers on Monday!

After that I'll start outlining details of the weekend and providing suggestions on routes, etc.

Along that line, who'd be interested in a beer exchange on Friday night? Bring a six of your favorite brews from your locality, share them with the rest of the hooligans, and sample theirs.
I like this idea! I'll bring some Lucid Dyno in addition to the New Glarus sour's I was planning on picking up once I got to the east side of the river.

Cool idea^^^

But why does it gotta be beer?? Some don't like that stuff. Some like root beer and some like whiskey......Just Saying. Also since it is Friday I will add that Zilla might want to bring some goats Armadillos and Iggy has had his fill of sheep for sure.

I'll bring the Crown
punk.gif

Paging Jeffrey Linton...I received your CFO payment, but emails keep bouncing back. Please PM me a corrected or alternate email. Thanks. Include your forum handle if you have one.

The Dude and Jen had to cancel. So I will be cancelling there room today. That also means there are two extra seats at dinner banquet if there is anyone who didn't get registered in time.

Well this sure is a quite bunch attending this get together in La Crosse. I hope to be ready by Thursday after having to work 24 hours today and Wednesday. I attempted to install my new FZ1 Fuse Block and Garmin 660 last night. The wiring harness I purchased from Real Time Industries was about 6" short for my preferred Fuseblock location under the rear seat. Today I attempted to load CFO maps in the new 660 and they load on the SD card but do not show to import them onto the Garmin. Oh and my rear tire isn't going to make the trip without too much worry so I will have to throw on a different tire tomorrow. Looks like I have a busy day scheduled when I get off work tomorrow morning as it is my last chance at getting ready.

No sweat, rear tire is down to the wear bars, can't get the new GPS to work, and the bike is tore apart with half a fuseblock and GPS wiring project still in the works. Throw in a dentist appointment, a big lawn that needs to be mowed and packing so I will have a busy day.

I just scored a room at the Days Inn! No shuttling from the 6! See all of you at dinner Thursday evening!

Half way there. Overnight in Portage, IN. Pissed rain last couple hours. Rain gear mostly did its job. Staying with friends about an hour and change outside LaCrosse tomorrow night. Taking a couple hour scenic tour on Thursday as a warmup on my way to check in. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to getting in some great riding.

Philip

Last minute cancellation and REALLY bummed. Family calls.

This will be the first CFO that I have missed in YEARS.