CFR 2010 Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good but you really don't want to ride with Gypsy. His bike is dirty.
Canadian FJR
And that is because "a clean bike is a heterosexually challenged bike!" Not that there is anything wrong with that. Seriously though, have you ever seen Canadian FJR's bike?!! I'm just saying.

In September when we rode all day from N.S. to New Hampshire we pulled into the motel cold, hungry and in the dark. I went to a hot shower and C_FJR went to find a car wash to clean his bike. Sad but true....

gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good but you really don't want to ride with Gypsy. His bike is dirty.
Canadian FJR
And that is because "a clean bike is a heterosexually challenged bike!" Not that there is anything wrong with that. Seriously though, have ever seen Canadian FJR's bike?!! I'm just saying.

In September when we rode all day from N.S. to New Hampshire we pulled into the motel cold, hungry and in the dark. I went to a hot shower and C_FJR went to find a car wash to clean his bike. Sad but true....

gypsy
We'll have to keep him busy at CFR :p

I should be there. I plan on going to Goose Bay, Labrador and could stop there on the way back. I will most probably be on my KLR however as there is 400+ miles of gravel leaving Goose Bay as I understand it.

So CanadianFJR, FJRob1300, and Moosehead, are you guys up to a little side trip?

Chester

I should be there. I plan on going to Goose Bay, Labrador and could stop there on the way back. I will most probably be on my KLR however as there is 400+ miles of gravel leaving Goose Bay as I understand it.
So CanadianFJR, FJRob1300, and Moosehead, are you guys up to a little side trip?

Chester
Don't tempt me Chester. I'll look into a KLR in the spring.

I dunno, Davey, Mt. Tremblanc's kind of a long ride for us Socal folks!

"there is 400+ miles of gravel leaving Goose Bay as I understand it" You understand correct. June is too early up there for me. I'm heading up to Labrador on July 16th. Looking forward to seeing you in Quebec.

Canadian FJR

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/...andler/id/85225 Alrighty-roo, who do we send our monies to? With this freezing ass cold spell we're now having in Arizona, only getting to 68 today and dropping down to a bone chilling 40 tonight, I'm planning out 2010 Moto Rides for Seth and I in the warm shelter of our casa today. Just sent off a check for $200 to Sherpa Mayberry to secure our tent, (complete with sleeping bags, camp chairs and cots), for July 2010 BMW MOA International Rally in Redmond, Oregon. Checkbook's burning a hole in my pocket, to get CFR 2010 Rally and Room secured! Beautiful Quebec!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/...andler/id/85225 Alrighty-roo, who do we send our monies to? With this freezing ass cold spell we're now having in Arizona, only getting to 68 today and dropping down to a bone chilling 40 tonight, I'm planning out 2010 Moto Rides for Seth and I in the warm shelter of our casa today. Just sent off a check for $200 to Sherpa Mayberry to secure our tent, (complete with sleeping bags, camp chairs and cots), for July 2010 BMW MOA International Rally in Redmond, Oregon. Checkbook's burning a hole in my pocket, to get CFR 2010 Rally and Room secured! Beautiful Quebec!
Don,

I share your enthusiasm for planning the 2010 season! Unfortunately, the registration system is not scheduled to go online until January and PayPal will once again be our preferred payment method. If you are really itching to get your deposit in, (which would actually help us out as we have out-of-pocket deposits paid,) we can, however, accommodate! :-D (PM on its way!)

Don,

I share your enthusiasm for planning the 2010 season! Unfortunately, the registration system is not scheduled to go online until January and PayPal will once again be our preferred payment method. If you are really itching to get your deposit in, (which would actually help us out as we have out-of-pocket deposits paid,) we can, however, accommodate! :-D (PM on its way!)
https://www.azbeemers.org/rally2010.php Jeff: If my sending you a check for registration costs of Seth and I helps out toward of pocket expenses of CFR Organizers, then I sincerely would like to do that. I know this situation firsthand very, very well.

I've been involved with AZ Beemers Road Runner Rallies for the last 16 years and I would carry out of pocket expenses myself; sometimes up to a grand, for up to six months. So, if you have a rough $$$ idea for Stanley Boys, just let us know!

Jeff: If my sending you a check for registration costs of Seth and I helps out toward of pocket expenses of CFR Organizers, then I sincerely would like to do that. I know this situation firsthand very, very well.
Same here. I'd rather send you a check now than have to deal with Paypal later.

Jeff: If my sending you a check for registration costs of Seth and I helps out toward of pocket expenses of CFR Organizers, then I sincerely would like to do that. I know this situation firsthand very, very well.
Same here. I'd rather send you a check now than have to deal with Paypal later.
I'm with Geezer, on the PayPal fiasco. When I donated to The RadioHowie Frankenbike Fund, they dinged my contribution 8%!

I am planning to attend the Central meeting then on to the Canadian meeting. Looking for ideas on a route to do this. Given the free days it doesn't have to be the "quickest". I usually ride about 400 miles per day, depending on the roads, say about 6 to 7 hours.

Any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks

Longrider

I am with Longrider, any route suggestions for Seth and I returning to AZ from Mt. Tremblanc would be sincerely appreciated.

Going to Mt. Tremblanc is a no brainer, We Stanley Boys are going to point the FJR directly toward WheatonFJR, Illinois and spend a hotel night visiting Mark and his Family. Then on to Saratoga Springs, New York to see Seth's Mom's Upstate family.

Packing 13 year old Seth on back of the FJR, I'm going to limit each day to 400 miles and no way over seven saddle hours.

Longrider, here's a great "free" travel resource, for once you reach Quebec Province: https://www.bonjourquebec.com/us

Tourisme Québec Newsletter — Winter 2009-2010 Web Version>>>

Bonjour Don!

Abundant snows glistening under a bright winter sun, Québec is calling you to enjoy your favourite winter sports!

Québec

Tourist Regions

Travel

experiences

Brochures

Getting there

Useful tips

Winter in Québec: activities galore!

In a mantle of white, Québec is a vast playground where sports enthusiasts can engage in boardsports, skiing, skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling or dog sledding to their heart's content. >>>

Québec: adopted by UNESCO!

Discover the Québec sites preserved and recognized by UNESCO as world heritage properties or biosphere reserves. >>>

The great outdoors

In the heart of winter, go ice fishing with family and friends. See if the tomcod are biting. You'll love it! >>>

Winter pleasures in the Mauricie region

Astride a snowmobile or standing on the runners of a dog sled, travel a region famous for its exceptional snowfall and the beauty of its vast woodlands. >>>

Celebration is in the air

The snow-dusted landscapes bring out the fun-loving spirit in Québecers. Join them at the lively festivals held during a season with so much to offer! >>>

Vacationing in the snow

For a short stay or long one, the Québec vacation industry gives you plenty to choose from: activities galore, fine cuisine, large winter sports resorts... even an ice hotel! >>>

Come in and chill out!

For the ultimate winter experience, spend the night at the Hôtel de Glace—celebrating its 10th anniversary this winter! >>>

Follow four New Yorkers across Québec!

Join in the winter adventures of four American visitors. View their photos, videos and travel journals. Share the feeling! >>>

Note: Prices are per person (based on double occupancy) and subject

to change without prior notice

More packages >>>

Note: These rates are subject to change without notice.

More packages >>>

Carnaval de Québec

Québec City, January 29 — February 14

The world's largest winter carnival is one big celebration: canoe races on the icy St. Lawrence, snow sculptures, night parades and more! >>>

Tiffany Glass: A Passion for Colour

Montréal, February 12 — May 2

Come and admire a set of 18 stained glass windows by the famous American glass artist Louis C. Tiffany. The works are now in the collection of the Montréal Museum of Fine Arts. >>>

Montréal High Lights Festival

Montréal, February 18-28

This festival warms up Montréal's winter, presenting the best Québec's largest city has to offer in museums, performing arts, fine cuisine and lighting design. >>>

Grand Prix Ski-Doo

Valcourt, February 19-21

This festival with a focus on snowmobiles offers spectacular snowmobile races and motorcycle races on ice with the best riders in the world. Family festivities and exhilarating spectacles. >>>

Red Bull Crashed Ice World Championship

Québec City, March 19-20

In a cross between hockey, snowboarding and downhill skiing, hockey players wearing skates plunge down an ice track with sharp turns, in the heart of Old Québec City. >>>

Find out more about our events and festivals >>>

On the trail of the coureurs de bois

Now more popular than ever, snowshoes let you discover unexplored territories while doing an aerobic activity!.

--

Questions about Québec? Visit bonjourquebec.com/us,

write to us , chat online or contact us by phone at 1 877 BONJOUR.

As per your consent, you have received this newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, click here.

I am planning to attend the Central meeting then on to the Canadian meeting. Looking for ideas on a route to do this. Given the free days it doesn't have to be the "quickest". I usually ride about 400 miles per day, depending on the roads, say about 6 to 7 hours.

Thanks

Longrider
Northern shore of Superior is nice....Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie ...keep going west and you'll be in Ottawa (HWY 17)

Thanks

Longrider
Northern shore of Superior is nice....Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie ...keep going west and you'll be in Ottawa (HWY 17)
Agreed - although the traffic (especially TRUCK traffic) on 17 sucks ! From Wawa to SSM is particularly nice. Bring back the railroads!!!!