CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mother Nature put on quite the thunderstorm show around 6 pm. Most everyone was off the bikes by then. Lovely evening after the rain, enjoying seeing familiar faces and meeting some new folks. Our Canadian friends are making this a great event in a wonderful location. It's just to darn bad George had to endure another full body/bike search at the border crossing but it did allow us to breeze through without any trouble. Having a blast!

Just a reminder that the full Program is posted at Post 457 above!!

OK - the weather is not behaving itself this morning exactly the way that Good Jeff planned it, and FJRay's front tire is squirrelly, and the MasterPlugger got a cavity search at the Canadian border - but other than that I see a lot of smiling faces! (even George has an odd little smile... JS&NS)

Next up on the Ramble program is the Meet & Greet at 7:00PM sharp tonight. The party room is in the lower/basement level of the annex building - not the main Lodge building - and is accessed by a door and set of stairs on the middle of the south side of that building. Have your supper before you come as this is not a meal event - just some light snacks, some free drinks and lots of good fun meeting and greeting your fellow CFRamblers.

The staff at the Lodge have asked me to remind you all that NO outside alcoholic beverages are allowed in their pub or restaurant as it violates their liquor licence. But the parking lot is cool, as will be the meeting room where the meet & greet is being held - if/when we run out of the free beer! Rumours abound that a very fine pitcher of margaritas may also arrive there courtesy of a certain rider from Winterpeg....

See y'all at 7:00!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope none of you were in or near Nelson today around 11:30 am, two big thunder claps then a torrential downpour.

Luckily, I was in my truck
smile.png

Enjoy your stay - sorry about the weather.

Al

Once again a beautiful trip to Nakusp.

I've seen deer, bear, many wild Canadians,

and I thought I saw a Bigfoot but it was just

FJRay.

Unfortunately, the most rare and elusive creature sighting eludes me: No sign of Old Michael.

Again.

Once again a beautiful trip to Nakusp.I've seen deer, bear, many wild Canadians,

and I thought I saw a Bigfoot but it was just

FJRay.

Unfortunately, the most rare and elusive creature sighting eludes me: No sign of Old Michael.

Again.
:rofl:

The rain had better stop in the next hour or the Rally Master may throw a hissy fit!

Saturday Program 5:00 sharp Group photo at the train exhibit which is 2 long blocks north of the Lodge on the main drag - Broadway Ave. It is a 5 minute stroll or a 15 second ride. You can't miss the bright red wedge snowplow parked next to a bright yellow caboose - both lovingly restored by the local train appreciation society. I am hoping that a local will snap the pics. If you have a nice camera and the ability to use it please bring it - as PegScraper, who was going to do the photos again this year, had to cancel. Bikes are optional - it might be nice to have a couple in the photos, but it's all about the people!

6:00 to 6:30 We will assemble at the Royal Canadian Legion 1 short block southeast of the Lodge for cocktail half hour. The raffle display tables will be set up and volunteers will be selling raffle tickets. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Nakusp Food Bank and there are a lot of nice items to try to win.

6:30 The Ladies Auxilliary will serve us a sit-down supper.

Later: There will be a few brief remarks from the Ramble Committee, followed by Bearly Flying storytime led off by Barb.

8:00 Anne Miskulin will join us to make some brief remarks about the Nakusp Food Bank which she runs as a volunteer. Our money man Jeff will present her with a cheque for the first installment of your donations. When we have all the accounting done and the raffle proceeds totalled up we will send her a cheque for the balance and publish the totals in this thread. Thanks so much for your generosity - it goes a very long way!

Later: More socializing in the Lodge parking lot. We have a quantity of beer and pop left over from the Friday social that we will try to figure out a way to cool down and you can help yourselves!

A big THANK YOU to all the wonderful rally staff who worked so hard to make this gathering an absolute blast. I suspect by all the smiling faces at the banquet tonight the other attendees had as much fun as my wife and I did. Between bonding with folks we know and meeting new friends this has been so much fun. A weekend we will cherish for a long time, good stuff folks.

I took the wrong road leaving Nakusp and didn’t realize it until I got to the ferry for Vernon...56km backtrack to Nakusp, take correct road to Vernon.. just sat in the hot tub at the B&B .. 2 more days until I get home.

You are all certifiable - but you knew that already, right?

Echoing 'Bug, HUGE shout out to the rally staff and all involved pulling off another epic event. Great seeing old [seems we're all getting old!] friends and making new ones. Jill and I had a fantastic time sharing laughs with all y'all - looking forward to next time!

We're eventually heading south to Spearfish. Made it to Golden today with an out and back side trip up the Icefields. Nice weather and the mountains were out all around.

I took the wrong road leaving Nakusp and didn’t realize it until I got to the ferry for Vernon...56km backtrack to Nakusp, take correct road to Vernon.. just sat in the hot tub at the B&B .. 2 more days until I get home. You are all certifiable - but you knew that already, right?
Pleasure meeting you Bob. You sir are a bad, bad man...until next time my friend!!
rolleyes.gif

~G

Ok, youre the one who made the margaritas... all I did was supply the ingredients - as innocent an act as there could be under the circumstances..

Ride Safe!

Ok, youre the one who made the margaritas... all I did was supply the ingredients - as innocent an act as there could be under the circumstances..Ride Safe!
I seriously doubt there is innocence anywhere in this crowd but perhaps deniability.

I took the wrong road leaving Nakusp and didn’t realize it until I got to the ferry for Vernon...56km backtrack to Nakusp, take correct road to Vernon.. just sat in the hot tub at the B&B .. 2 more days until I get home. You are all certifiable - but you knew that already, right?
I'm guessing you were supposed to be heading north to Revelstoke? You should have taken the ferry anyway and ridden the Monashee twisties - just for the fun of it.

Safe ride home.

To infinity and beyond "Thanks" to the rally staff. Too short, yet they always are. A necessary evil that allows up to keep up with our own personal responsibilities. Had a blast seeing known faces and people, having great conversations, and meeting great new people.

Typing this from the office (sigh...).

Many thanks to Dave, Sylvie, Jeff, Barb and all of the rally crew. A very well-organized event, and beautiful country. Always great to put faces to screen names, catch up with old friends from around the continent, and make new ones.

A full schedule of procrastinated projects means the ride report will take some time, but looking forward to sharing pics.