Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - January

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
With temps in the single digits :cold: and a nice thick layer of salt on the roads :angry2: , I say it's a perfect time to get together, have a little pizza & beer :drinks: , complain about the weather and plan for the the Spring :thumbsupsmileyanim: ....which cannot happen soon enough!

Date:

[SIZE=12pt]Saturday, January 19[/SIZE]

Time:

[SIZE=12pt]4:00 PM[/SIZE]

Place:

[SIZE=12pt]Giordano's[/SIZE]

455 Roosevelt Rd

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

630-790-1717

Given the location of the people who have expressed interest in this, that's about the most central location I could find. It's less than a mile and a half west of I-355 on Roosevelt Road. I'd like to discuss a plans for a 2 or 3 day Spring ride, so bring ideas.

So.......WHO'S IN????

Last edited by a moderator:
90% I'll be there. glad it wasnt the 12th. going to the dirt bike races at sears arena @ I-90 & rte 59

P.S. are you folks going if a blizzard / snow storm?

I'll be there. Have some interesting news about lowering the seat on a FJR (and why not to do this by buying a Rick Mayer saddle).

Jon Baker

90% I'll be there. glad it wasnt the 12th. going to the dirt bike races at sears arena @ I-90 & rte 59P.S. are you folks going if a blizzard / snow storm?
Blizzard schmizzard :) that is what snow tires are for :yahoo:

Larry, thanks for setting this up. At this point I am in. There is something brewing that hopefully wont change my plans. I will let you know in a week for sure.

90% I'll be there. glad it wasnt the 12th. going to the dirt bike races at sears arena @ I-90 & rte 59P.S. are you folks going if a blizzard / snow storm?
Isn't that the equivalent of "I'm taying in,it might rain?" :lol:

I'm in, I get off shift that morning. Plenty of time for sleepies before hand. Plus, I love Giordano's. :yahoo:

Here?

Waddawe get if we ride the bike there - besides frozen?

Will make an effort, but SO might have other ideas.

Bruce

CRAP. I would love to go, but we are supposed to have out of town friends coming to stay with us for that weekend. If something changes and I can make it, I will. Crap, Crap, Crap.

Yea I know it sounds like I'm A P*ssy., But I've only had a month so far to to get sissyfied. I worked out doors for 29 yrs in snow & rain . Just retired and have a new ritual. Every snowstorm, I open the curtains, pull up a 12 pack & lazyboy, sit and enjoy it finally.

Anyway , main reason was,,, didnt want to show up in snow if everyone cancels.

P.S. evilmedic, I gotta send you a P.M. to see if you know an old friend in the c.f.d.

Yea I know it sounds like I'm A P*ssy., But I've only had a month so far to to get P*ssyfied. I worked out doors for 29 yrs in snow & rain . Just retired and have a new ritual. Every snowstorm, I open the curtains, pull up a 12 pack & lazyboy, sit and enjoy it finally.

Anyway , main reason was,,, didnt want to show up in snow if everyone cancels.

P.S. evilmedic, I gotta send you a P.M. to see if you know an old friend in the c.f.d.
Just retired? Why are you still here? When my time comes, it's four corners for me. Depending on what life is like at that time. :unsure:

Enjoy it, 29 yrs at ANYTHING is enough for most people.

Put me down as a maybe. I want to go but it's a ways away and I've got some things to do. I'm going to try tho . . .

CRAP. I would love to go, but we are supposed to have out of town friends coming to stay with us for that weekend. If something changes and I can make it, I will. Crap, Crap, Crap.
Bring your friends with you, we wont bite :)
I would love to bring my friend with me, but that means leaving my wife, and his wife at home with 3 kids all under 2 years old. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I don't think that is a great idea. I could just forward the phone calls to you Cougar.

Latest posts