Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - January

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to bring my friend with me, but that means leaving my wife, and his wife at home with 3 kids all under 2 years old. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I don't think that is a great idea. I could just forward the phone calls to you Cougar.
Fine, I will speak russian to them :yahoo:

Can’t make it, I’m heading back to the big sandbox again. I should be back in time for riding season so plan some good rides.

Have fun!

B

Can’t make it, I’m heading back to the big sandbox again. I should be back in time for riding season so plan some good rides.
Have fun!

B
If by sandbox you mean "over there"...be careful, safe and take care. When you get back, I'll buy you a beer at our first gathering. You have my respect and gratitude...

...a ride I have planned involves NAFO, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho & Montana...you comin'?

Me and the Mrs (Bluebear06) will be there.

Hey Wheaton when you planning on the Westward Ho trip? We'll be heading out that way in July. 11 states & 2 Canadian provinces.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be heading out that way in July. 11 states & 2 Canadian provinces.
Enjoyed last year's Dakotas ride report (even the mystery photo) ... looking forward to hearing about this year's big trip! :clapping:

So how'd the meet go? Stories? Plans?

Me and the Mrs (Bluebear06) will be there.
Hey Wheaton when you planning on the Westward Ho trip? We'll be heading out that way in July. 11 states & 2 Canadian provinces.
I'll be coinciding with NAFO someway/somehow...haven't finalized dates yet, but have rough itinerary. See you at Giordano's...

We'll be heading out that way in July. 11 states & 2 Canadian provinces.
Enjoyed last year's Dakotas ride report (even the mystery photo) ... looking forward to hearing about this year's big trip! :clapping:

So how'd the meet go? Stories? Plans?
Meet goes on the 19th...this Saturday...you can still make it. :clapping:

Thanks for setting this up Larry. It was nice meeting most of you for the first time, and for those that've have met us before, it was nice seeing you again.

Looking forward to march, and riding season :yahoo:

Thanks for setting this up Larry. It was nice meeting most of you for the first time, and for those that've have met us before, it was nice seeing you again.
Looking forward to march, and riding season :yahoo:
I second that. See some of you at the bike show in February

griff/Carl

Had a great time too. Thanks to all who, once again, flipped off Mother Nature and came out. Kudos to Bluebullet (and Mrs. Bluebullet) for coming in all the way from near Indy. Seems like whenever we get together, it's either hotter than hell, or, as was the case yesterday, ridiculously cold :blink: It was nice to see some new faces in the crowd and good to see some old ones (and by "old", I mean....well, you know what I mean) :glare:

For those of you who didn't or couldn't make it, we decided it was a good idea to do it again in March. Right now, it's looking like March 8th or March 29th. We also discussed a few very good ideas for a three-day ride, although no tentative date was set. We'll definitely do more planning (and eating) in March.

We didn't do much planning for the International Motorcycle Show (Feb 8-10), although it sounded like Saturday was the day mostly everyone would be going. With all the potential out-of-town forum members coming in for the show, it might be a good idea to designate a place to get together and put more faces together with screen names. Look for a bike show thread VERY soon, if not now.

Let me add my thanks to Larry for getting us together for some pizza, beer and camaraderie. Looking forward to the next gathering (and, of course, the return of riding weather).

And another thread dies without pics. Tragic!!
pics were taken by others...however we were deemed too old and ugly to post the photographs. :)

If you want a documentary...we all ate deep dish pizza, talked about lots of cool FJR stuff, talked about some maybe rides in the spring, meeting at the cycle world show, and met some new faces, then went back into the cold... :clapping:

That helps a bit. Thanks Wheatie!

BTW, I got the PMS BAAAAD. Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, of course.